Thanks! Please do continue this.

PS: Have you seen this module?
EURO Brute -- MiniBrute Expander
I have no idea if this actually exists, but it looks cool.
-Ken

Greetings! I am a fellow noob, so don't take anything I say too seriously

I'm assuming you will be playing this from your MicroBrute.

OK, so it looks like you have two basic voices setup, with the standard VCO / VCF / ADSR / VCA. So far, so good. Suggestions:

Add some variety? Perhaps:
* Trade out one of the A-110s for the oh-so-trendy A-110-4 Thru Zero Quadrature VCO (which should be out this year)
* Trade one of the A-147s for a A-143-9 Voltage Controlled Quadrature LFO/VCO (which I think is a great value)
* Add some noise: A-118 Noise / Random

It looks like the MicroBrute has a fairly powerful internal sequencer, but may I suggest adding more sequencer?
* Use the A-118 as your random source.
* Sample gate/pitch from random with A-148 Dual Sample&Hold
* Gate sample drives an A-142-1 Voltage Controlled Decay/Gate for a random-length gate.
* Pitch Sample drives oscillator pitch
* NOOB alert -- I haven't actually done this, so extra glue may be required to get this to work!!!

Housekeeping:
* You probably want to reserve some space for utilities like the A-183-1 Dual Attenuator, or the A-183-2 Offset-Generator
* Even if you use stackable cables, you may still wind up needing a buffered multiple like the A-185-2 Precision CV Adder

There. I've used up all of your rack space, and blown your budget. You're welcome

Oh ... you're the 'Ultima Ratio Cascading Clock' guy! That's an awesome-looking module!

I looked at that one closely, but it seems to function best with an external clock. What do you use for a clock generator?

I'm trying not to front-load too many obstacles to a successful start-up rack, which is why I'm trying to avoid too much DIY, but I did read through the build document, and it looked reasonable. Maybe not as simple as the Super Warp Generator, but pretty approachable.

Do you still have kits available?

@solitud: I have had this debate with myself as well: why program all day for work, then come home and code for fun? I guess there are two (maybe not very good) reasons: 1) my interest in Arduino programming is high right now; 2) I don't expect to be making Music for quite a while (I'll be mostly irritating the wife/friends/dog, especially at the start).

@mt3: The reason is my perception of the lack of acceptable alternatives at a decent price. Cheap and narrow = inflexible, while wide and complex = expensive, plus hogs too much space on my starter rig. For instance, Grids is an impressive module, but it doesn't offer 1V/Oct out.

Looking at what I do well, maybe my best opportunity to contribute to the community is through code.

Thanks for the feedback. The early response on Muffs made notice of that too, so it looks like I will need to add a dual VCA, and probably a mixer.

Regarding a sequencer program, the Euroduino has four outs: two gate/triggers (which I will call D0 and D1), and two 256-value CVs (CV0 and CV1), which I imagine have a kind of stepped output.
So, my initial thought on output mapping is:
* CV0 = Pitch
* CV1 = Rate (the absolute voltage difference from the last pitch)
* D0 = Gate out
* D1 = Trigger out (start of Gate)
Which, from what I've seen, is pretty nice for a basic sequencer.

Now, on to the inputs. The Euroduino has 8: 2 pots (P0 & P1), 2 a/b/c switches (SW0 and SW1), 2 CV ins (IV0 and IV1), and 2 digital ins (ID0 and ID1).
If you think about all the knobs on a typical sequencer, this is a very limited interface. So, one has to make compromises, or be prepared to think differently about how a sequencer should act. I'm not patient enough to program each individual pitch through this interface. The cheat I make is letting the device choose these values for me.

For consistency, I have mostly mapped '0' controls to duration, and '1' to pitch:
My initial thought on the input mapping is:
* SW0 = Duration mode (a=random, b=euclidean, c=darwinian)
* SW1 = Pitch mode (a=random, b=tbd, c=tbd) tbd = some pitch algorithms that sound more organized than random.
* P0 = Duration continuous variable, based on SW1 (a=bit crush,
* P1 = Pitch continuous variable, based on SW0 (a=bit crush, b=tbd, c=tbd)
* IV0 = Either CV for P0, or Spread (duration range)
* IV1 = Either CV for P1 or Center of pitch - roughly a transpose
* ID0 = Clock in
* ID1 = Toggle of mode - repeat or continuous, etc.

This is a rough sketch, but still probably way too much detail than you were expecting.

Basically, I am thinking about a mini sequencer framework, with interchangeable functions for Pitch and Duration.

Any thoughts?

All, here is the (mostly final) proposed version of my rack. I'm a noob, so please tell me any oversights or mistakes I might be making.
ModularGrid Rack

I wanted a starter system with room to grow, largely composed of well regarded, easy-to-get modules.

Notes:
* It uses Synthrotek's Powered Waterproof 6U + 1U Portable Eurorack Case, with 2 x 84hp of Euro, and 1 x 84hp of tiles. This should provide plenty of power and depth, even for the DuaLFO.
* The Euroduino is supposed to run a custom sequencer that I intend to write (I'm a brand-new wiggler, but a pretty good programmer). The Cloq will provide the basic clocking, and the Euroduino will control the Befaco VC Slew Limiter for constant-time slew between notes.
* I'm most-likely going with the Orgone Accumulator. If so, I will commission it from synthCube. I am not a DIY guy yet.
* Have 2 1U tile Noise sources for really basic percussion, with a simple EG coming from the Strike input of the Optomix.

Questions:
* The oscillator was by far the hardest decision to make. I like the big sound of the Orgone Accumulator, and it seems to work well with a smaller system (a reasonable number of CV ins, and only two outs). The Dixie is primarily there for modulation duties. Any other suggestions?
* Is the Pittsburgh Low Pass Gate a good match for the Accumulator? Or should I go with a traditional filter?
* Should I wait for the PulpLogic 8U 'Magnum' lunchbox case, whenever it comes? (2x euro @ 96HP, 2x tile @ 96HP). It is vaporware, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for your input!
-Ken

This is the Pulplogic Lunchbox version of 'Semi Sane 84 V2'. The CESYG DuaLFO was sacrificed because it wouldn't fit, both in height and width.Lunchbox 54 Theremin V3 has two goals in mind:

Voice for a theremin-like controller

Self-generating, evolving drone

This rack is centered around the Morphing Terrarium and the Dreamboat, which both have LFO/VCO capabilities. The Terrarium is the primary sound source, while The Dreamboat is the primary modulator.The nice thing about these modules in a 54hp context is that they have limited CV modulation inputs: the Terrarium has 3, and the Dreamboat, 2. The Optomix has 6: 4 CV and 2 gate, divided amongst its two sections. So, we have 9 CV and 2 get destinations, for a total of 11.Providing modulation support are 3 modules: the AnVilope, Wave Runner, and A-143-9 QLFO. These modules command 7 modulation outputs. Together with the Dreamboat's 5, that  amounts to 12 modulation sources. The tile portion of the Lunchbox provides additional modulation capabilities.The input is handled by EO-310 and EO-311 modules, which connect to a ribbon controller for pitch, and an infrared distance sensor for volume. The volume connects to the EO-310 to set the proper response and generate the initial sync gate. Three sensor inputs remain open.Final sound processing is handled by the aformentioned Optomix. It offers damp and pluck parameters to further shape the sound, but these seem more aimed at percussive sounds. We will think more about this.Rounded out the rack is the Erthenvar tiles. You get 9, 6 of which can be powered. One is the obligatory Out. Next, Attenuverters are provided for the Terrarium CV ins, which is recommended. A DC source is provided to modulate the Doepfer LFO, because we want the option to take it really slow. The blank tiles are reserved for these functions:

A dual passive gate-to-trigger converter, since we are usually going to sync our oscillators or pluck the Optomix, rather than gate the envelope.

A home-made expansion module for the Terrarium, modelled after the 1U homeade Eurorack version.

This is a PulpLogic Lunchbox build of an Etherwave Plus Theremin Voice.

Outs (headphone, stereo, are on the right)

The Theremin control inputs will require customization:

Three 1/4" Jacks on left, labeled Vol, Pitch & Gate

Vol CV 1-10V IN maps to 6 buffered outputs, taking 1 1/2 tiles

Pitch CV -2.5-4.5V IN maps to 6 buffered outputs, taking 1 1/2 tiles

Gate up +8V IN maps to 4 trigger outputs (using Gate-to-trigger circuit)

The Etherwave Plus Gate Up is converted to Trigger for these reasions:

It's only immediate use is to trigger Syncs on oscillators and LFOs

But, we want to retrigger Syncs on other events

An OR circuit would never fire further events if the Gate was connected and always UP

So, we convert Gate to trigger, so it is normally zero, allowing other triggers/gates to fire