Hi guys,

Good traders in the marketplace:

@anal og : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/44826 Great seller! Good communication and everything as discussed.
@Bobje : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthesis-technology-e350-morphing-terrarium Good communication and no problem at all with the sale
@lewisinspace : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/rossum-electro-music-morpheus very good communication, easy and fast shipment

@PinPinKula : i do NOT recommend doing business with this user. Very rude and unreliable user. I ordered a micro Ornaments and Crime on 16th of August and today, 21st of October, I still haven't received what i paid for: a micro Ornaments and Crime with black knobs and buttons. On top i had to pay twice the delivery costs (13,5 EUR when it was actually 8 EUR) due to some problems with the delivery (according to DHL the address was wrong). When i finally received the module on 9th of October (!!) to exactly the same address it was sent on the first time it was white buttons and knobs. After contacting him to ask why was that he confirmed to send them and after 12 days i received the following answer from him: "...you might as well go make music then worry about color scheme of your modules, but thats me.. you do what you want.". This user made me regret using Friends & Family when paying through PayPal.
Please check the following discussion of the group "Modular Synthesizer Sales and Trade (Europe)" about him of the 30th of September on Facebook, it seems there is a lot of people unhappy with his way of doing business: https://www.facebook.com/groups/698742386919180/permalink/1917748588351881/?sale_post_id=1917748588351881

-- asdfqwer

asdfqwer For gods sake, how unappreciative people can be, so sad, really. I have sent this customer a module he bought right away, then the package got lost or misplaced in Berlin for a month and a half or so. I filed for an investigation at the post office, followed it through and before the results of the investigation came back package moved and postman tried to deliver it to his address - that is per tracking info (obviously the address was right, i have shown the customer a picture of the package). He didnt pick the module up and the module came back to me stamped as if it couldnt be delivered. So of course shipment had to be paid again at the cost price if the module was to be sent the second time. I actually proposed for us to find out how and why it didnt get to him in the first place on account of it happening also the second time but in the end customer complied with trying his luck again without getting to the bottom of things.

All in all, I cared about this package a lot, went to post office numerous times, filed documentation, had conversations with the dispute department at the posts headquarters, was checking tracking regularly if it moved, basically everything i could and much more then the customer could or would. So in the end module came to him and he found out i have mistakenly mounted the knobs of the wrong color. He warned me about that and told me to send the correct color to which i said i will and I did that a day latter. 5 business days latter he comes back asking me if i have sent them, to which i replied that i did and then he suspiciously asked me when this had occurred to which i replied the day after he warned me about it and with a comment that since this was agreed on and it was confirmed that the knobs were sent he might as well make music with the module rather then worry about the color scheme of the module which he already knew will get sorted out.

I mean, for real, it seemed like the module was unusable if it didnt have the correct color of knobs. Based on that impression i think the comment is fair and actually positive - it surely does focus on whats important here, does it not? In no way did i not follow through with the deal and do my best to recover the misplaced package or rectify my mistake which is, lets be frank, a surface kind of mistake . That doesnt preclude it from being respected which it was, however it precludes it from being a point of such vicious accusations which are represented in this writing to which i am replying. The module works as it should, is built like a tank, i have a gazillion of happy campers and i still think that if you got the wrong knob colors and if you got confirmed the right knob colors are coming your way you might as well use the module and not get worked up about the color scheme. Amen.

Pinpinkula

@rklem ; credible buyer, good transaction!

SCAM ALERT FOR ALL THE SELLERS ! This guy ( DanMan ( real name Dan Leuca residing in UK, originally from Romania ) wanted to pull a classic paypal scam on me, opening a "item not as described" claim on Paypal just shy of 6 months after receiving his module.

He said he couldnt have tested his module up until now since he didnt have a case for it but at this moment and for some time now he has been selling 8 of his modules up here to the general public meaning he has had a case to run any kind of module for quite some time. Obviously when i presented all of this to the paypal they threw out his claim in matter of hours - didnt even investigate, thats how SCAMMY it was. Here is my response to his claims if anyone wants to break his teeth on it; ( its detailed and forthcoming) https://www.scribd.com/document/367748975/Seller-Response-to-Case-ID-PP-006-413-682-835

Next to that he wanted to buy another module from me 3 months after he bought the one he is complaining about - (proof also present in the linked doc). What does all of this tell you, for real?

So even tho i didnt know what he did with his module in this time and how did he threat it to make it the way it supposedly functions and even tho he OBVIOUSLY tried to scam me i offered him a free of charge repair and what he did is he opened this thread and tried to fuck with me. Obviously you didnt realize yet Dan but you picked a wrong man to fuck with.

I d encourage everyone who has any doubt that i provide a fair and quality service to check other comments on my work up here (link; https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/563 )
(for example; 61050PM Posted: Wednesday December 27, 22:27 / @pinpinkula is the man, would totally buy from him again despite living on the other side of the globe. :) ) This is just a sample of people who have bought from me. Even tho i dont explicitly say i offer warranty in most of my offers i have helped free of charge anyone to this date if their module got screwed up one way or another (less then a percentage of my sales, to be clear) .

But what i wont stand for is some make believe scamming ass winding up my nerves trying to foil me and then come and taint me and then expect me to be nice to him. Im sorry Dan, but you burned that bridge. What you made me realize is just how much more thankful i have to be that i have up until now dealt, and hopefully will do so in the future, with honest and stand up people which seem to constitute vast majority of users participating here. I didnt realize i was ungrateful for that up until now so there is something good coming from your scamming ass even so. A feather in your cap no doubt.

Regarding technicals, the guy doesnt know what he is taking about, he is taking about the encoder for the clouds gain pot - wtf? He claims he "will have to find what pot it is" all tho i linked to him exactly the pot used in that place in my response (linked above) and explained to him that that pot is a board mounted pot and that those are wobbly as opposed to the panel mounted ones - panel mounted simply have a thread on their shaft with which they tighten up to the panel with a nut, board mounted dont. This confusion of notions which he presents here corresponds to his scammy intentions no doubt.

Regards,

Pinpinkula