You're going to need a bigger case.

Really nice. That's got a lot of possibilities. I'll have to investigate some of those modules.

Thread: HELLO WORLD

Chouette début!

je ne connais pas le frames ni le Métropolis mais combinés avec le braids je pense qu il y a déjà de quoi s amuser. Ce sont clairement t de gros modules, pas donnés mais avec de bonnes possibilités!

Je ne connais pas les différences entre le Métropolis et le rêne mais il je crois que c est un module très puissant.

le pressure points est super pour du contrôle Manuel, et peut faire office de deuxième séquencer couplé a un brains.

le maths c est un peu le couteau suisse qui sert a plein de choses ( générateur de fonctions en tout genre, enveloppes, lfos..)

le le tip top est potentiellement tres bon, mais pas facile à trouver et il faut acheter les cartes (ou les programmer soit même) au départ tu n as que des délais je crois, mais il y a les cartes valalah

Il te manque peut être un filtre? Une autres source de modulations (type wogglebug?) j oublie certainement des trucs

fais gaffe, tu as mis tes modules dans une 9u, dans une 6u comme la make noise la place va te paraître moins importante (enfin si tu compte toujours me la prendre ;) 

Thread: DIY Serge

Looking good bb

No filter because we have to make a choice ! Terrarium and Cloud can sound very soft, and Braids have some filter algorithm embedded in so it can do the job. But this case is a starting point, you can custom it whatever you need, for exemple you can get rid of the Terrarium (as Braids already have some wavetable modes) and add a filter, or 2x Make Noise Optomix for "Vactrol Bongo" percussive effect...

No filter?

I have one module more of Future suond system its a 10 gates ouputs

Thread: Wish List

Looking good!

Top 6U - Custom case (84HP) Digital/CV

Mid 15U - Lamond Tiger Oak case (86HP) Audio
Lower Mid 3U - Lamond Tiger Oak Skiff (104HP) Audio

The design is being updated, please stay tuned!

mengqimusic.com

what is the pricing ? 

Isomorphic

4 Octaves

12V DC Power (No -12v / +5v)

User programmable scale (microtonal capable)

mengqimusic.com

Maybet this would work.

uVCA2 and uVCF coming next week. Waiting for Peaks. The other stuff is there.

All but 5 of the 39 modules here are Intellijel. It has all the components of a major analog and digital synthesis system. I've created this layout for something like a Goike 12U curved case, and tried to make it as comprehensive, ergonomic, and aesthetically pleasing as possible.

Really diggin ModularGrid! Hopefully more types of cases will be added as the site evolves.

Having to re-work module positions due to the shallow rack depth.  Older Doepfer modules with the deeper boards especially.  4MS modules really don't fit correctly either but I am thinking of fitting them in.  Some of the problems are with forgetting to space shallow modules over the bus board spaces as the bus stand-offs reduce effective depth that much further.  Bus board to top of rail ~50mm.  Case wall to top of rail ~61mm.

Also at issue with these Make Noise bus boards is that they were advertised as 24 connections per board, when in fact there are only 20.  Reducing the total powered module capacity by 8 (two bus boards on this build) can be very significant when many small HP modules are installed.

This is being built in an Enclave Flight 12U rack.  Beware and do your homework in regards to the desired modules to be installed and the limitations of this rack due to the shallow depth (especially under bus boards).  Also beware of the power supply ports and cables coming into the rack.  I've had to re-arrange modules again to accomodate for this.  It seems that I am having to re-arrange modules due to space constraints several times on this rack.  It's either my poor planning or perhaps a deficiency in the case design itself- mainly being too shallow.  For newer SMT boards, it's not such an issue.  For those of us with older modules or those that are just deep (i.e. Triple Slice), this case can be a challenge to layout an ergonomic module placement.  I am at the point of just getting what I have to fit properly and hope that it feels right when creating patches.  I guess I will be keeping my Doepfer suitcase rack to mount those modules that just won't fit in here (Triple Slice, older Plan B, etc.).

Sort of bummed.

Thread: Lunchbox?

Nice!!

Bottom 2 rows are external. (Or possibly kits I haven't finished building)
Sequencing/CV to MIDI with FR Mobius, CVPal, and/or Anushri. Occasional use of Little Phatty or Odyssey for envelopes/filter. External mixer for attenuation needs.

Just added my second rack (A-100 LC9). Next step: "Fill it up!"

What about all the ES1 Racks popping up the last hour?Did I missed a trend?

More like $3,700 Total (with Goike 3U Hardwood Boat $170, Tiptop Audio Zeus Sudio Bus & PSU $175, added power switch $50, Kenton Pro Solo MkII $235, and patch cables $100.)

If this is Lorn, your music is excellent.

This is the Pulplogic Lunchbox version of 'Semi Sane 84 V2'. The CESYG DuaLFO was sacrificed because it wouldn't fit, both in height and width.Lunchbox 54 Theremin V3 has two goals in mind:

Voice for a theremin-like controller

Self-generating, evolving drone

This rack is centered around the Morphing Terrarium and the Dreamboat, which both have LFO/VCO capabilities. The Terrarium is the primary sound source, while The Dreamboat is the primary modulator.The nice thing about these modules in a 54hp context is that they have limited CV modulation inputs: the Terrarium has 3, and the Dreamboat, 2. The Optomix has 6: 4 CV and 2 gate, divided amongst its two sections. So, we have 9 CV and 2 get destinations, for a total of 11.Providing modulation support are 3 modules: the AnVilope, Wave Runner, and A-143-9 QLFO. These modules command 7 modulation outputs. Together with the Dreamboat's 5, that  amounts to 12 modulation sources. The tile portion of the Lunchbox provides additional modulation capabilities.The input is handled by EO-310 and EO-311 modules, which connect to a ribbon controller for pitch, and an infrared distance sensor for volume. The volume connects to the EO-310 to set the proper response and generate the initial sync gate. Three sensor inputs remain open.Final sound processing is handled by the aformentioned Optomix. It offers damp and pluck parameters to further shape the sound, but these seem more aimed at percussive sounds. We will think more about this.Rounded out the rack is the Erthenvar tiles. You get 9, 6 of which can be powered. One is the obligatory Out. Next, Attenuverters are provided for the Terrarium CV ins, which is recommended. A DC source is provided to modulate the Doepfer LFO, because we want the option to take it really slow. The blank tiles are reserved for these functions:

A dual passive gate-to-trigger converter, since we are usually going to sync our oscillators or pluck the Optomix, rather than gate the envelope.

A home-made expansion module for the Terrarium, modelled after the 1U homeade Eurorack version.

this config assembled between march and mai 2014, first live set here:

small suitcase dimensions (internal):

approx 38.6 x 26.6 cm

internal dimensions 38cm = 74HP wide

Thread: Charlene

The short version: Q962 = 'must have', Q963 = 'almost indispensable', Q128  = 'should have', Q961 = 'cool, but can live without'  

Longer winded comments: The Q963 is an awesome addition. The Q960 has independent trigger outputs at each stage, but no summed trigger output, so using triggers directly from the Q960 can require a lot of patching.  The Q963 uses an internal cable to bring all of the triggers to a single bus allowing each step to be routed to one of two outputs. The only downside to the Q963 is that a trigger can't be routed to both the A and B output channels on the same stage, but it does allow addition of rests without changing the setting on the Q960 itself, and gives you access to all the stage triggers without a spaghetti mess of cables.  If you're thinking long term, and may expand your system later, then up to 5 Q963s can be daisy chained together (more behind pannel cables) and with multiple Q963s you have complete flexibility to use any combination of triggers.  

The Q961 has a couple of uses, the primary being combining triggers from the Q960.  Note that the Q963 accomplishes this as well.  The Q961 also allows for timing adjustment of triggers connected to the column b inputs, this can produce really cool effects, but isn't something you're likely to use all the time, and the same effect can be had using a gate delay module (I use a pair of STG Soundlabs dual Yves Usson Gate Delays)  

You might also consider the Q128 Switch,  while not technically a Q960 accessory module, it can take inputs from the Q960 oscillator out and the Q963 or Q961.  You then get distinct triggers out from the Q128 rather than full stage triggers, this might not seem significant at first, but consider that adacent triggers from the Q960 will result in a single longer trigger.

first of all thanks so much for taking the time to write all that! i'm ditching the midi interface as the q960 is one of the main reasons i want this machine. i've even been toying with the idea of starting out with just the sequencer. how would you rate the other accessory modules such as the q961 and q963?

the instrument interface is too cool to pass up as i'm also a guitar player. and i think i'll probably stick with the reverb too, as it seems like a more affordable option than most standalone spring reverbs i've seen. i have a danelectro "spring king" currently but it's not the most reliable thing, and cost only a little less than the q115.

It's also worth mentioning, that any 1/4" patchbay can be wired as multiples... giving more room for other modules.  I use a couple of old Behringer Ultrapatch PX2000's in parallel mode for all my DotCom multiples needs.

This is all personal opinion, so grain of salt and all that… 

You’ve got both a midi interface and a sequencer… If you plan to control the system via midi you might consider using a midi sequencer rather than the Q960 and freeing up a lot of space, or, if you plan on using a midi keyboard you might consider an old school CV keyboard and getting rid of the midi interface (synthesizers.com used to make one, but I don’t see it on their site anymore).  Also, note that you won’t need the quantizer bank for CVs generated by the mid interface, though it’s still really useful when combined with an analogue sequencer.

I would try to make room for a Q962 Sequential Switch, not only can you use it to switch between output banks on the Q960 Sequential Controller (giving you up to 24 stage sequences), but can also function as a latch or signal selector!

Consider how much you might actually use the Instrument interface, signal processor, and reverb (okay, reverb IS a must-have, but can easily be handled with an external device to save room) if you can make enough space you are likely going to want either a third Q106 Oscillator, or an LFO to use as a modulation source.

Also, consider whether or not you really need the Oscillator Aid and Oscillator Mixer, the Q106 Oscillators already have outputs for each waveform, so the only new functionality you really get from the Oscillator aid is the soft sync. And the Oscillator Mixer can be replaced with a general purpose 4 channel mixer giving you more flexibility.

trying to plan out my rig. can anyone tell me if this is a viable system? will i need another amplifier, etc? any general advice? thanks.

Thread: Current

@adminius, thanx for the hint! i must have overlooked the 2 peaks vids in there. quite a nice kick btw...

Yo, ghee!

There are a couple of demo vids at the foot of the MI Peaks module page here on ModularGrid.

hi exper, can't wait :). is there a vid or audio demo off the peaks drumsounds somewhere? cheers,

@ghee hgt, no not yet.  I have one of the initial 25 or so "beta/preview" units.  Mutable has them at a manufacturer, but they aparrently have a big backlog, and are delayed.  It's great though!

is peaks out ?

Nice!

I added the Moog VX-351 and CP-251 as modules because they are a core part of how I use my modular setup.  As I start to use the patch editor, these will be essential.

Just about finished off the 2nd cabinet.  I'm thinking of getting a Distributor and a Q125 Signal processor as the final two modules.  But, am also debating another EG and VCA.  Thoughts?

The SOU+RCD/SCM+Divider are amazing tools on the sequencer cab.  As usual there's always a "missing" utility module somewhere.  I could use another mixer as well for example.

Anyhow, it's been loads of fun to build this out.  

Thread: 1st Rack

If you like autonomous atmospheric drones then I can recommend the Titan Capsule Modules by Eowave (ModularGrid Rack). These seven modules constitute a complete, traditional (i.e. twin VCO, VCF, VCA, ADSR, dual LFO and Mixer) synthesizer voice specially designed to create atmospherics. These modules are very reasonably priced and take up only 40HU of rack space; I have a set in my own modular system.

Thread: 1st Rack

would love to hear feedback on this desired lay out. I'm new to all of this and I am going off of some racks that others have suggested. Looking for something that can drone & create rich textures.

OK, so I just want 16 more modules in 2014!  That should be doable!