https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2396916

Hi! I am looking to upgrade from 6U to 9U and wanted some advice. Particularly, I wanted to see if I have too much of some things in lieu of something else.

A few points:
- I own the modules in the top two rows (except for ochd and Tangle Quartet; conversely, I own SHTH and Clock O' Pawn on bottom row)
- Z8000 would replace Korg SQ-1 external sequencer
- Not using MIDI, avoiding menu-diving modules as much as possible (simple toggling/scrolling is OK)
- Predominately a rhythm/percussion system
- Please excuse the module order!

Thank you so much!

All I can really say is that you only have too much of something if you don't use it and you don't have enough of something if you find yourself constantly reaching for something that isn't there. Other than that, it looks like a fun system if you enjoy the sounds and workflow. About 9u / 104hp is where I started really enjoying my system.
Have fun and good luck!

I think it´s pretty cool. Looks nice.

Maybe you could consider to spare the buffered mults and use stack cables, if you dont like it to have it in the case. Would save you 8 hp. But I guess you thought about that, already.

Greetings

Chris

Some ideas for a rhythm/percussion system.

• A compressor, like WMD MSCL or Cosmotronic Messor.
  • A resonator, like Rings, great complement to any percussive audio source.
  • A low pass gate, like Optomix or LxD... There are many options up to the small (and passive) but very efficient DPLPG.
  • There is a new version of BIA, the Basimilus Iteritas Alia. I did not test it but the alliance of the first version with Jasmine & Olive Trees Traffic is ideal.
  • A logic module, like XODES LB5!
  • Last suggestion: I also share a dislike for ‘menu diving’ and I was slow to approach Pam’s... Today I would refuse the divorce if I may say so ;)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Oh wow, so much to consider! Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will be looking into these.