hello everyone

i must buy my first Function Generator of my life

simple question:

i must buy :

a Make Noise Maths

or a Doepfer A-143-1

i am a beginner in eurorack world

THANKS

What do you need it for? The Maths had a lot more different functions, whereas the Doepfer does fewer things but has more instances of those simple things.

hi Zack

happy you are here

i am building a eurorack and you write to me :

"Envelope/Function Generator: Most of my favorite modules like this are big (Buchla 281t, Maths, Doepfer A-143-1 and 143-2). If you can spare the space, modules like this can make your system really come alive."

so i don't know which module to buy ?? Maths or Doepfer ????

It really depends on your needs. Ask 10 people and get 10 recommendations.
If you don't need Maths extra functions I'd add that the XAOC Zadar also in a superb module in that regard.

hi SLFE

i have a XAOC Zadar...

Personally, I might suggest the Doepfer module just because you did get rid of the Vermona LFO and this might be a good way to cover some of that function while also having envelope functionality and a few other things. However, this is more subjective territory now, and if you just like the idea of Maths more, it will also be really good in here.

The best bet here is just to buy the one you like the idea of the most and sell it if it doesn't work. Forming a preference around these will depend on trying them out. Personally, I own a Tiptop 281t, so I'm more used to the Doepfer module and its style and I coild be biased (it's very similar to the Buchla one).

ok thanks

i will think about all that...

download the 'maths illustrated supplement' (google)

it'll give you an idea of what maths is actually capable of... it's a guide to patch programming it - especially useful if you spend the time going through it and concentrating on the what, why and how rathert han just patching blindly... and by extension a great resource for thinking about patching - when you patch your modular you are patch programming the whole thing not just an individula module

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

thanks JimHowell

do you have a MATH ??

thanks JimHowell

do you have a MATH ??
-- cores

I do have Maths, yes... have done for about 6, maybe 7 years... used in every patch either simply or in a more complex way...

I also have the a-143-1...

If I could only have 1 then Maths it would be

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

thanks for you reply

i am a little afraid by MATHS who look like very complicate to use

Doepfer A-143-1 seems to be simpler to use

I really enjoy maths and also rampage
I think maths can never be wrong and many ppl started with it.

I would like to try the tip top Buchla 281t
Can someone who has it, explain whats unique on it?

Greetings

Chris

thanks for you reply

i am a little afraid by MATHS who look like very complicate to use

Doepfer A-143-1 seems to be simpler to use

-- cores

it's very simple, but deep... something to grow into... nothing to be afraid of!!!

i have read and see a lot of videos of MATHS

100% peoples says : MATHS is indispensable, essential...

i thinks i will buy it...

Juniper is probably (by far) the best and more complete one...

I love my JUNIPER MD, it offers a multitude of functions

I love my JUNIPER MD, it offers a multitude of functions
-- BIOman

Yeah in such a small footprint. 8 tracks of LFO/Env/Function generators with all parameters CV controlable encapsuled in 8hp.. This and Pam Pro are my modulation heaven :)

i have again 8 HP for a last module

Kassutronics Slope.. my fav function generation & 8hp

i have again 8 HP for a last module

-- cores

Consider also Frap Fallisitri or 2x Joranalogue Contour, 2x the Instruo one, if you don't need the utilities of maths

hi

everybody, you do know Pamela's PRO Workout ??