Behringer is stealing someone elses design, changing 1 or 2 minor things, and then passing it off as their own. Now, substitute "design" for "music" in that last sentence and ask yourself if you're still fine with it.
-- gringostar

Isn't that what "genres" are? šŸ˜‰

Thread: vein fix

Thank you for your kind words. There is more to come, this year.

Thread: vein fix

Fenix IV based, experimental downtempo track.

Full-fledged studio corner together with a Behringer Neutron and the Arturia Beatstep Pro, no?

Nice video, indeed goes well with your music! Must have been a lot of work :-)
-- GarfieldModular

Well, a day. Mvgen does most of the work. Try it out! It's free and stupid.

Hey this is nice. Good work!
-- ParanormalPatroler

Thanks!

On in five!

Premiere 2100 CET/2pm CST for a Mvgen based video we put together for the track.

Great modules to add to your setup? There are sooo many to choose from.

I have 80 great modules and could give you many hints on great ones to check out but it would be good to know what you feel that you are missing.

The Joranalogue Mult is really good. Less voltage drop than other modules I've tried, at a fair price and tiny size (2hp).

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/joranalogue-audio-design-link-2

Gargantuan thanks to both of you for taking the time to listen and to comment. I'm very grateful. :)

Someone told me, I have no clue.

Any opinions, cheers or boos are welcome!

Niiiiice!
-- wishbonebrewery

Spanks!

Thanks for listening!

Sent some Model:Cycles into the RK2 (and one output to Synthrotek DIRT Filter). Filthy suff!

So pity that I missed the live version!

Thanks for listening! This was fun so there will be more sets and second chances.

I like that deep bass sound, how did you do that?

All the deep bass in this set comes from SSF Entity Bass Drum. Great module!

Towards the end, you were doing something there, I saw you doing it ;-) But that sounded like a lot of fun and totally reminded me of the "Sound of Noise" (on purpose?) that I assume you know about, funny mini-movie and funny music too!

Yep, I know it! Swedish, like myself. We didnā€™t have it in mind though. Weā€™re not that clever.

Me and my partner will be broadcasting a live performance 9PM CEST (2PM CDT). Just eurorack, a mixer and two plonkers.

Thanks! Your words mean more to me than you'd ever imagine.

Alexis Ion! The best synthesizer ever made (really).

Made using the new rack. Even the drums are from the same patch (a first for me). A bit of an abstruse melody turn into an arcane FM beat and then into some kind of Slavic viking schlager.

ModularGrid Rack

How is your experience with the DPO of Make Noise, is it worth the investment? I am (extremely) happy with the STO of Make Noise but I wonder (looking at the price) if the DPO can cause me that much pleasure as well?

No doubt! DPO has a very cool, rubbery FM sound. It is also nice to be able to use linear and exponential cross FM modulation at the same time.

That said, I love the Instruō CŔ-L too. It has a different sound. More.. rigid, harsh even, but good. It has quite many functions that the DPO lacks, such as ring modulation, fold on both oscillators, more outputs and so on. It is warranted to have both.

Again, big thanks!

Both cases are available here:
ModularGrid Rack
ModularGrid Rack

Even though that isn't really the same thing as seeing them for real!

ganymede published this text on all of the forums and has been equally casuistic and agitated about the response everywhere. Best ignored, I'd say.

That case has filled out quite a lot since that video was recorded. And I have another, hehe.

Thank you very much for listening and commenting. It means the world to me! And thanks for the tip about Pyrolator, I'll check it out.

Thanks!

The melody is based on this patch, by the way:

I made the patch for this track all that time ago but enjoyed it in all its simplicity so I did a bunch of improvisations that day and my partner recorded one of those improvisations that turned into our most popular video to this date.

New track! Been working on this one for six months so it's just as contrived and labored as you'd expect. BUT, it's also rather messy and unglued.

Main sound sources are Make Noise DPO (bass), Mutable Instruments Plaits (all of the "random" sounds), Korg Electribe 2 (drums) and Instruō CŔ-L controlled by the Arturia MicroFreak (melody).

I made a monophonic melody voice patch based on the CÅ”-L, controlled by the MicroFreak, for a track we're working on and I really liked just noodling around with it so we recorded me doing just that for a couple of minutes. Has a note of Swedish folk music here and there.

Patch notes:

The Arturia MicroFreak sends 1v/o to the Instruō CŔ-L second oscillator input. The first oscillator is hard synced to the bottom oscillator and the touch output from the MIcroFreak goes to the first oscillators pitch input which gives me the opportunity to create nice, slightly harsh sync pitch sounds based how much skin I put on the touch plates. One Mutable Instruments Stages channel is set to LFO mode and controls the amount of FM that is applied to the two oscillators (linear FM on the first oscillator and exponential on the second). A medium paced triangle LFO from the Takaab 3XLFO is sent to the first oscillator's FM input.

The CÅ”-L sends the ringmod output and the second oscillator square wave to the Doepfer A-135-2 VCA where they are mixed. The gate output from the MicroFreak is sent to Stages that has been setup like a classic ADSR. The Stages ADSR is sent to the two A-135-2 channels.

The mixed output from the A-135-2 is sent to Xaoc Devices Belgrad that is set to the lowpass + bandpass mode. The cutoff is set just shy of 12 o'clock and the resonance just past. The level is set to maximum and Tito is set to SM which gives the resonance a textured sound. A medium paced triangle LFO from 3xLFO is sent to the FM input and two slow triangle LFOs are sent to Balance and Span.

Finally the sound is sent to Metasonix R-56 that has a rather low input and rather mild wet setting. It mainly adds a cozy spring reverb touch but when the sound goes up in volume it also adds a bit of distortion on the top.

Main riff is Plaits, modulating the model input to switch between all the melodic and some of the percussion algorithms. The melody and "electric piano" towards the end is Arturia MicroFreak. Klavis Twin Waves does the bassline and Elektron Rytm the drums.

Please clap.

The main riff is Plaits played by RenĆ© driven by a euclidean pulse from PamelaĀ“s New Workout. It's kept interesting by loads of slow modulation, of course. Drums from the Elektron Rytm. The bassline is Make Noise DPO through Joranalogue Filter 8, sequenced from Ornament & Crime Sequins. The melody is played by hand on my brand new Arturia MicroFreak.

New track! This one is really the essence of my efforts in eurorack. Simple melodic riff driven by some euclidean pulse, basic trip hop beat, straightforward bassline and a clean melodic line added after recording the patch.

This is what I do.

Nothing special at all. I have a 15 year old JJLabs condenser mic and a Behringer UFX1604. Recording to Ableton Live. Iā€™m EQing using the Ableton 8 band EQ and the reverb is D16 Toraverb.

Dusted off the old cello and accompanied this gritty modular piece.

Love both. So many timbres to explore. Enjoy, my friends.

Made a ditty. Short and sweet, silly even.

Most of the sounds are made with the Make Noise DPO; the bass pulse, the first melody that develops throughout and the FM mayhem towards the end. The drums are from the Electribe 2. The "electric piano" was made with the Korg Minilogue.

New modular jam with melodies (!) and structure (!!)..

Put together a video for for this track based on material from MVGen. It's a bit hysterical. Enjoy!

Mangrove did the bass, DPO the melody, Rings the plucked string, Plaits the chords, DrumBrute the drums and Roboto the pitcheffect on the drums.

Straightforward jam. My rack, a drum machine and a tiny bit Una Corda towards the end.

I use Disting for tuning. Works well.

Thanks for the cheers, much obliged.

Um. I do see a small space for another module there at the bottom! I would have put an OScope in there personally, not sure how you can function without one.

I have a handheld oscilloscope but I don't use it much. That last 8hp is just a little pocket for my peace of mind. I could get another module if I wanted to and that makes not getting any more modules feel better somehow.

What do you use a Phase Locked Loop for?

I use it either to make nice sequences a little bit less polished or to dub sequences. Sometimes is works a bit like a slew (but with audio) and sometimes it makes things sound a bit crazy. Here are a couple of raw recordings where the PLL is utilized heavily: https://we.tl/WvIzgQqVdg

That Klavis Mixswitch looks pretty interesting, and you've got 2x of em. How do you use it?

I love this module. So good value. I use it as a switch of both CV and audio, a sub octave generator and a sequencer.

I am not sure why I would simultaneously want to use Lin and Exp CV on a VCA, what is that used for?

I use them for treating sound with two CV signals. Say an envelope and a LFO at the same time.

Iā€™m now satisfied with the setup that Iā€™ve got and Iā€™ll stop buying modules.

ModularGrid Rack

What's really the difference sound wise to create a paraphonic synth by running multiple VCO's all into the same VCF, VCA, EG versus "true" polyphony?
-- goodbyebluesky82

If you want a setting for each note, like a filter sweep, there is a huge difference. In polyphony you get a sweep for each note, in no way affected by the trigger of a new note. In paraphony the sweep of the first note will restart when you trigger a new note.

The drums are from the Arturia DrumBrute. When the first part of the tune switches to the second I actually changed the pattern on the DrumBrute. The sounds are the same but the rhythmical composition changes. I don't think anybody noticed yet.

If I have one Disting and 50 other modules, my rack isnā€™t much like a rack with only 50 Disting though. But thatā€™s how itā€™s calculated.

I'd really find the "similar racks" function interesting if I didn't get tons of these types of "hits": ModularGrid Rack

Would it be possible to remove racks with many of the same module from the similar list? Or perhaps only count each module once even if there are several in the rack?

The main riff is Make Noise RenƩ feeding DPO a simple line. DPO is then sent through Jomox T-Resonator that creates that fine stereo jitter. The melody-ish background noise that is introduced with the bassline is also the DPO but fed through Warps that's being modulated by Xaoc Batumi. The bassline and the melodies was performed on the Korg Minilogue.

I recorded the original jam about eight months ago, added the bassline and the melodies two months ago, recorded the vocals a couple of weeks ago and finalized mixing and such this week. This music making thingie has turned out to be a long game for me.

Hard to make music in this heat but I managed to finalize this jam. Spoiler alert: there's some drunken vocals towards the end.

http://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/ruben-metritis