Maybe replace clouds with a Mutable Stages and a WMD SCLPL? Sorry if that sounds a little random. That's just what came to mind as a couple things that would be very useful and different from what else is in the rack.

If you're looking for a mixer to do stereo audio panning, you also want to pay attention to whether or not the mixer supports pan law. Most of the ones I mentioned support it, but notably modules like the Make Noise X-Pan and the Verbos Scan and Pan do not. Without it, the sound will lurch between the channels a bit instead of doing a smooth sounding pan from left to right.

There's a paucity of mixers offering CV panning on 3 or more channels. The most compact is probably the Verbos (14hp) Scan and Pan, followed by PanMix (16hp), Praga (20hp), Stereomix 2 from Toppobrillo (24hp), Poltergeist (28hp), and finally WMD's 40hp Performance Mixer.

The Verbos is limited in that it has only 2 outputs. The PanMix also has only 2 outs, and you have to choose between VCA and panning on each channel. I think Praga hits the sweet spot with VCAs, independent outs, and CV panning on all 4 channels. It also has 2 aux sends, 2 stereo aux returns, and its expandable.

I think this is one of the biggest holes in the Eurorack module market. I think if Bastl ever upgraded their Quattro Figaro to do 4 channels of CV panning in 10hp they'd sell a ton.

You're very welcome @nickgreenberg.

Conceptually, for the mixer/VCA thing I was thinking about using the 20hp Praga in place of the Quad VCA and A-138s. You'd still have 8 ins and 8 outs with 4 VCAs (with boost), but it'd be more integrated and you'd add CV stereo panning and mute buttons which would get used constantly in performance. (I personally can't live without VC stereo panning.)

Similarly, the Joranalogue Mix 3 would do much of the same mixing as the A138n but you'd be adding a VCA on each mixer channel, and the LEDs and layout on the Mix 3 make it better for performance. (Perhaps you could use a WK1 or WK2 from LPZW in place of Links to free up 2hp.)

I like where you’re going with this—especially with the Vector.

I think the Recombination Engine takes a really interesting approach—the waveforms on the scope are gorgeous—but in the end I think I'd got with an Instruō Cs-L to expand the palette of synthesis approaches. IMHO the Cs-L is even more versatile with its two oscillators with different cores, two different PWM circuits, two different wavefolders, and a VCA that can all be used independently, but they’re configured in just the right way to multiply their functionality many times over with hard and soft sync, ring mod, FM, etc. I expect it'd also make the FLD6 redundant.

With the 6hp I'd save I could add a Select 2 from Joranalogue if I wanted some audio rate switching like the Recombination Engine's "scissor" function. I could also add a different third oscillator like an MCO from ALM, or maybe a characterful filter like the Cinnamon from Bastl.

Also, if I had the Vector sequencer at the center of a rack this size, I’d definitely think hard about adding the Jack Expander to get the most out of it. I might also slide the Vector to the left side of the case to increase access to the big knob on the left side of the module that does so much of the work.

Lastly, for me the mixer/VCA situation seems a little disjunct with the Doepfer mixers and Quad VCA. Mixers with built-in VCAs can work double duty. Maybe look at good old Veils, the Joranalogue Mix 3, or ALT from Nano. But for a performance rack I'd start with the Xaoc Praga. It's a little larger but deceptively capable. It's actually got 8 ins (4 channels + 4 returns), 8 outs (2 main, 2 sends, and one on each channel), 4 VCAs, 4 stereo panners under CV control, switchable curves, and performable mutes.