Greetings,

Just my 2c worth. For utilities I'd consider grabbing an Ornament and Crime. Multiple apps that cover a wide variety of things. Smallish footprint. Pretty easy to navigate. Easy on the checkbook. Checkout SynthDads YouTube channel. He has a great playlist regarding the OC. It was a later addition to my rack cause it jus didn't look all that sexy. I wish I would of had it as one of my first.

With the Batumi I can't recommend any higher of getting the Expert firmware update....it's transformative.

Good Luck

Doesn't get any better than this....awesome work!

Hmmm...one more that's a "sorta-filter": https://www.modulargrid.net/e/wmd-sclpl

Stereo resonant EQ, sort of akin to the one you find in many Serge builds, but with the additional insanity of having morphing capabilities from setting to setting. Small and dangerous!
-- Lugia

That's one powerful tool. Amazing!

Well, I got burned out looking at all the filters. Was overwhelmed quite frankly. For me came down to the SSL and Qpas, granted Qpas isn't a filter module in the strict sense of the word. I think for filter power SSL and similar, were all extremely powerful. But I went with the Qpas. I just like the sound design possibilities. Make Noise wanted to make it fun and inviting to experiment. I took the bait. Maybe down the road I'll look at other options. I'm fairly new to eurorack. I have the Wasp, and enjoy it. I like Doepfers filters as they work as advertised and are relatively inexpensive. So it'd be no problems adding some of their filters on the cheap. Thanks to the contributors.

Greetings,

I am looking at a these filters and see if there are any opinions regarding them. I do a little of everything style-wise, but probably mostly ambient followed be just weird experiments. I'm leaning towards the Dipole. It seems the patching options are endless, though all of these are super flexible. I had read somewhere that the Filter 8 is an 'acquired taste' not sure what was meant by that. I thought it sounds great. Qpas seems like unlimited experimental fun. Anyway leaning towards the SSL. In addition to the unlimited patching options, I like the clean interface. the ways the high/low/BP filters are with switches. There's really a lot to like with all these. Could ramble on with all three. Any other candidates? Oh yeah, forgot the Jove 80. Sounds totally awesome.

Thx!

Thanks for the link. I have gone over it and read some of the links off that article.

VCAs? I have VCA in the Mother 32, but not sure of its capabilities or quality. Also have an Intellijel Quad VCA in the mail. My experience is limited to hardware synths the Roland Juno and JX10. Quite completely different. I have no, or vary limited experience with VCAs. In my reading I know they go beyond a mere amplifier. VCAs can can control filters, envelopes, gates and the like by controlling CV inputs...is that correct? Again no knob twisting to actually see this action ;)

Many thx for the reply.

I got a used 4ms RCD with the expander. Unfortunately the expansion was a DYI and the soldering points are very fragile. A couple have broke off so I need to resolder. Looking forward to see the effect of the 4ms. I was thinking of getting a PNW but for just random clock it seems the Turning Machine will work great. Any thoughts? Again, I have zero experience with this ;) ......

Howdy,

I have a Turing Machine with the extra modules. Would having a Rotating Divider add anything? Should mention I have a Hermod for clock source. Thx from a newb.

GD

@Lugia Excellent simile. Curious to know how it will land with the younger crowd on here though lol. Showing (y)our age!

-- merzky_shoom

Y'know, back when I was in St. Louis in 1937...

-- Lugia

VERY funny! Ya know I'm only 66yr old. Is that old? ....(feelings hurt...) Just kidding....

Cubase user here. Ableton looks enticing regarding it's integration with eurorack. Having Cubase Pro, I have trouble with the expense of Albelton. I'm new to eurorack, but have had fairly good success with integration with Cubase. Able to sync midi timing (start/stop/tempo track), which was huge for me. I can't remember the exact native plug in, but I can use Steinbergs built in voltage/wave monitor. Bigger screen than VCV.

Well there's a quick start guide and then you have to search around, but there is a manual. You probably found video series (I think there's something like 10 short videos) that could help.

I'm responding because I had trouble getting an external midi keyboard working. In the Effects menu there is a midi effect already in place. I thought that would take of my midi needs. But for me, others might have some different experience, that didn't work. For me to get the keyboard working, if you add an effect there is a Midi effect selection. That's the one to add. A little confusing.

Good luck.