I like the Mimeophon, its straight forward.

I didnt get along with Nautilus, I experienced it to be hard to tame and a bit mysterious to handle.
But if you dig deep I guess it can be nice.

Greetings

Chris

Maybe you could drop the cellz and chipz and the spring reverb + get a other smaller mixer like (befaco stereomixer.)

The east beast and west best, would be probaply be better to dont mount in the rack to save space.
Maybe start to choose one first.

Utillity is more important, you can add additional voices later.

Maybe consider a bigger rack, like tip top mantis. I also started with nifty case. Now its just my additional desk rack for fx.

Maybe a good bread and butter lfo, like batumi, maths
delta v 2, wobbler 2

check out Bastl Instruments. The have useful stuff.

I love "Bastl softpop 2".
It is more expensive, like 600 euro, but its a bit like something between east beast and west pest.
It has so much to start with.
Sequencer, filter, waveshaper, external in for processing, crossfader, mult, sample and hold, you can switch between analog or digital vco.
and its very small, like a volca.

Add a few utilities and fx and you are ready to go.

Greetings

Chris

Check out BASTL Softpop 2 - It has so much features in little space. -
Also make noise 0-coast

You could take on of them and build your system around it - just adding some utillities.

You can use them also standalone outside of rackspace - so you could take a smaller case only for utillities and pair it with them.

If I would start now from 0 - I would do it that way.

Otherwise

Did you check BASTL Ikarie? - also a nice filter with some tricks on it.

If you get BASTL Basil, you can also switch the firmware to the pizza VCO.
BASTL Pizza has many stuff like FM and waveshaping/wavefolding.
Or get pizza first and try out the basil-firmware later.
You maybe dont need an extra waveshaper/folder module then.

I have the ONA VCO. I like to mix the different waveforms with Befaco Percall.
You can also use it as LFO.

Ornament and Crime or Disting could also be an idea, to try out or to add different functions with little space.
You can use Ornament and Crime, as quad turing maschine, Envelopes, sequencers, quad quantizer and many more.

Greetings

Chris

Not to hijack the thread, but curious if you had a favorite between the two? Both have peaked my interest, but I've not had the chance to try either.

-- HGsynth

I think, you can archieve similar results with both, for ambient drones, melodies and chords.
I love both.

In short:
If I want do dig deep and focus on one module (maybe for hours) in the patch - I take the SWN.
If I want instant chills - I take the EO

I think the sound of EO is very special and it sounds always amazing no matter how I twist the knobs.
I love the character of bright and spread sounds on the EO.
For my opinion the EO is more fast forward for instant good results. I like that it is based on sinus waves and spreads into 16 voices. You can do very ethereal and bright sounds and even dark twisted sounds with it - very quick.

The Spherical Wavetable Navigator is a very deep and complex module. It has a longer learning curve - and it is more a closed system to run on itself. You can spend hours just tweaking it and discovering amazing sounds without any other module involved in your patch. It has 6 independent voices, based on wavetables that can be morphed with 3 dimensions.
The sound is also amazing and the possibilities are endless.

I think the SWN is sometimes a bit hard to tame, if you dont know excactly what you are doing.

Both have quantization and chord spreads.

I use the Ensemble Oscillator mostly to get a instant evolving drone going and combine it with more sound elements.
I use the SWN mostly to start a complex sequence as a main leading sound theme

Greetings

Chris

I didn´t see first that you already have some modules.

So I would do maybe something like this with it:

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2260218.jpg

You can also swap the firmware of basil to pizza, and you have a fm synth with waveshaping and stuff.

Greetings

Chris

What do you think of this?

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2260141.jpg
(I didnt succeed to import the picture straight into here, without link)

4ms wavetable navigator: Ambient main voice for melodies, drones, chords, timbres - own sequencer, envelopes, or lfos
4ms Ensemble Oscillator: 2. voice for drones, chords, texture, timbres
Plonk: for random percussion and physical modeling
Noise Pleththora + Percall: for ambient noises and rhytmical noise patterns
mini plaits: for additional stuff like drums, perc or synthlines
Ikarie: main stereo filter with vca
Basil: for delay + blurry space FX (in only 8 hp)
Disting: for swappable Utility, such as sample and hold, .....
quad vca: nice vca
ochd: nice lfos in 4 hp.
active mults
Attenuator
Befaco stereo mixer
Befaco outs

Maybe you could at least integrate

• 4ms Ensemble Oscillator
    and / or
  • 4ms wavetable navigator

I love them for ambient - they are fantastic
For drones, chords, timbres all the chilling fun

4ms wavetable navigator acts also as sequencer and / or envelope generator / or lfos
You could spare some other utilities for this

4ms Ensemble Oscillator - it just lifts off to new dimensions

maybe - "Bastl Basil" for delay + blurry space FX (in only 8 hp) its quiet new and cool

Greetings

Chris

🛀👾💦🐳

Greetings

Chris