Regarding the mixer. As you already have an x-pan, you could stick with the make noise schema for mixing and grab a moddemix to add to the case. I like to use the moddemix and optomix as a sub mixer before inserting it into the aux in on the x-pan. So rather than having 1 large mixing module, you can cascade submixers throughout the case and still have the benefit of the other functionality they add. And as mentioned above, maths is great for this as well.
-- WmVoid

Thanks Wm

Checked out the Moddemix and this seems a good idea, yeah think I would like to keep with Make noise stuff now if I can! I want sure if best to get a large mixer or go down different module route but this is wise since I would have other functions, learning all the time lol! My original plan was to get the Shared System but decided to get case and slowly build it myself and maybe change a few things on the way once I gathered more info on Modular and what I want. But I would like to stay close to it but with the new modules like xpan and Mimeophon. Does that make sense

Thanks

-- Indianabones007

Yeah I have the Shared System that I've expanded a bit (mostly within the MN ecosystem). I chose to stick with DPO rather than XPO for now as I still haven't gotten all of the good sounds out yet. I have added an xpan and qpas, and plan on mimeophon at some point.

Re: Rene/Seq: Rene + Tempi is my 'preset manager' because you can connect them via Select BUS and they will stay synced as in tempo bank to pattern. Rene as a sequencer is unlike every other sequencer Ive ever used. It really is a cheat code to creating counter point melodies and long musical sequences and variations + modulation source. It has its quirks like not starting on the first note after a reset, but for me the pros outweigh the cons.

For more traditional sequencing, Ive used a mutant brain with digitakt and that gives you 4 v/g outs + 4 clock/gate outs all controllable and recallable from the digitakt. It is very powerful combo plus you get drums and samples outside of the rack. I'm not fully aware of the oxis specs, but it seems very capable as well.

Regarding the mixer. As you already have an x-pan, you could stick with the make noise schema for mixing and grab a moddemix to add to the case. I like to use the moddemix and optomix as a sub mixer before inserting it into the aux in on the x-pan. So rather than having 1 large mixing module, you can cascade submixers throughout the case and still have the benefit of the other functionality they add. And as mentioned above, maths is great for this as well.

Not as resonant like the LxD, but check out the ph Modular LPG: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ph-modular-2hp-vactrol-lpg

It was an easy direct purchase. I have both and sometimes prefer the LxD for the resonant channel, but otherwise the ph fits the bill.