Hi Wavne,

Thank you very much for the additional background information. I am still stunned about the beautiful look of this "machine" :-)

Is there any hope that in the future you would "extend" this Unsong Machine with CV out? That would be perfect for a modular system! :-)

I look forward in hearing your new album made with/by this Unsong Machine, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I'm not going to say it's my "favorite" but the Funkstill Filter Threek is definitely the most versatile filter I own. It can take a little more work to get where you want to go, but that's because there are a lot of ways to tweak the sound. If you like options it's got 'em. You'll probably want to keep the manual handy though if you're new to it or haven't used it in awhile.

Just tried setting up a pedalboard build for my tandem string rig (1952 National Dual-8 lap steel, Suzuki Ran Alto taishogoto) and...uhhhhhhh...
-- Lugia

I know it's bad. We tried to delete everything that is not a pedal but users reupload them again and again.
So that brought me to rethink the usecase. In the meantime I think all the desktop devices like the small synths make kind of sense and we think we should keep the modular user in focus with all his gear. That user does not stomp on the pedals but has them sitting on the table next to his sequencer and drum machine.
Still I know it is a mess and i hope we will find the time to improve it. You think it should be strictly pedals and everything else private/hidden uploads?

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

I'm new to the modular world and for my first system I bought a second hand Make Noise Skiff (powered), and started populating it with some modules (tbh I wanted a smaller case, but I don't regret the buy).

I have a question about it (more out my curiosity): its sliding nuts are M2.5, but from what I see most racks/cases uses M3 screws (and all the modules I bought were supplied with a set of M3 screws).

Can I replace the sliding nut from M2.5 to M3, will they fit into the Skiff's grooves?
Did anybody else tried this mod before?

For anybody wondering how the Skiff is looking out now (still pleanty of room available, but as a starter I'm super happy like this, no need for anything else at the moment, and pleanty of possibilites. If you wonder: I have also a Korg SQ1 and Arturia Keystep to trigger sequences and sounds):
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for your kind words Garfield. Yeah, I guess I'm describing it as controller because it doesn't actually generate sounds, well not in this current incarnation. I figured CC was a better route to go down as it would be more a more versatile device connecting to modular systems and other synths. For example, I'm currently feeding the CC from the wheels into a Polyend Tracker to make generative sequences, but also using the the same CC to shape and morph the sounds of the synths the Tracker is sequencing. It just seemed like a more powerful way of doing it, given how well designed almost all music gear is this modern golden age. It also meant the entire device could run pretty comfortable on a single Arduino. I've been using the Polyend Poly 2 to convert CC to CV for the modular system. The 'record' and 'play' wheel work really well at reading and then blending all the CCs. I always wished the crossfader on the Octatrack could be assigned to control multiple CCs but for some reason it can't, so that's why I added that functionality.

I made it from scratch and I'll be posting a 'making of' video in the next couple of weeks. I've also started uploading videos of the musical results here:
https://www.lomondcampbell.com/unsung-machine-live

I'd be open to commissions down the line but would like to concentrate on making an album with it for now.

Thanks again for your interest...and for remembering the turntable sequencer!

Controversial I know but, whilst lots of people love maths, but is it worth 25% of your rack...?

I had a quick look as to what I'd change (for me) The preview is cached, so doesnt match what I ended up, so you may need to click through here: ModularGrid Rack

In a rack this size I'd suggest looking at the Quadrax as an alternative to maths, smaller and very flexible, can act as a vco, envelope, LFO and a "drunken walk" style variable voltage output option, and has some very clever patching / internal routing.

For glitchy fx the 2hp freez is a lot of fun, so I added that, and the FX Aid for more flexible effects (including newish drum modes, but I think you'd want to keep that separate).

I've kept the VU meter because you are clear as to why you want it... but I've swapped out the intellijel quad vca for Veils to make space for it.

I've replaced the other 2hp drum modules with the 3hp Pico drums, it comes with good drum samples and you can also load your own samples into it, it has some drawbacks (one audio out) but its compact and flexible. Then maybe consider another Pico module to even out the HP... I've gone with pico trig which can be used as a master clock, a clock divider or for drum patterns.

I've added the squawk dirty for more variety of filtering options, it also includes its own vca and I've generally found it interesting to use post stereo mix, but it gives you a lot of different flavours in a small space.

My first sound sources were plaits and twin waves... I've definitely used the twin waves a lot more than plaits... but I'm sure you have a better idea of the kind of sounds you want to play with so I've left it as Knit. For the same 6u and bassline however, I'd take a look at the godspeed, it also has a built in wavefolder.

It feels like forbidden planet could be a little redundant in this build now, but filters are great for adding character. Or swap it out for something weird or interesting: Pizza, Twin waves, Compare 2, triple sloths, tilt or ochd + links (I went with the latter)

Hi Garfield, thanks for such a nice compliment. Highly appreciated! Dries

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

@adaris Thanks, I think I'll go without the extra power for now since I'm planning to get the Mantis next month. Building my first rack has been a real learning experience.

The sixth EDU module from Erica Synths that I’ve built, this is their mixer,

Does what a mixer should, a little bit fancy with inverted out and clipped out. A quick and straightforward build.
And as always with these modules, the manual (which you can download for free without buying the kit) is superior, a great practical guide to electronics for music.

Build

I'm looking to move into a larger case soon, I already own a few modules outside of these. My plan is ultimately sell the 84HP case when these new modules are be aquired and never look back.

As for your pointers: I'll for sure take your advice and go lighter on the VCA's. I was looking at Tallin for it's overdrive capabilities, but I imagine the same can be accomplished in a smaller footprint. As you said, I do have some outboard FX, but ultimately I was looking to leverage some disting algo's to supplement me there. Nano-Rand looks really cool, so I'm going to look into that. Also gonna check out compact FX modules. Stackables and hubs instead of that Mult is also a smart idea. As for the VU meter... I have no excuse. It looks cool. Void is a local builder based in my area, I wanted to show him some support.

Thanks for your input! Cheers. :)

Couple of thoughts. In a system this small, six VCAs feels like overkill... I'd cut the Tallin. The VU meter isn't necessary, nor is the mult (use stackables if you're running this small). That saves you 10 hp.

From there... I notice that you say you want random/glitch. Nothing here really does that. You could throw in a Nano-Rand for 4hp. That leaves you 6hp for something else, and one thing missing here is effects of any kind... perhaps you're looking at using out-of-rack solutions for that, but something like a FXAid would be great in here.

But still, the best advice would be to get a bigger case, if you can, even if it's just an Intelligel 104hp Palette case. This is going to be pretty limited.

Hello Wavne,

That's a beautiful... instrument? You call it controller, for me it's almost an instrument :-) Beautifully made and again a very creative idea of yours! I am overwhelmed and heavily impressed :-)

I still remember the sequencer you made with a turntable, for those of us who joined this forum after that day back in 2019, here the link to yet another great creation:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/7983

Is this Unsong machine/instrument/controller for sales and if yes, how much would that be? Those 8 character "machine" what was that originally or did you made it from "scratch"?

Thank you very much for showing your great creativity and I hope you will keep surprising us with more creative creations :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Dries,

That's a beautiful ambient track, so nice relaxed to listen at, I only want to listen to your music and do just nothing :-)

Great work! Thank you very much for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

As #nickgreenberg mentioned, a modular out module will solve many problems before they happen. I use the Ladik A-541 which has the added benefit of offering balanced connections (I also have the corresponding Ladik A-545 Input module.). The Ladik is very affordable and also has metering. My Yamaha HS-5s are quite happy with this arrangement.

I use a variety of high end and middle end gear to listen to modular. The only things I do are:
-- make sure I have a limiter in the DAW when I go modular --> DAW --> nice monitors
-- in another room I sometimes play through a Line6 PowerCab, in which case I make sure to turn on other gear before I turn on the cab, so I avoid power on / off transients

Modular levels can be very hot, so you would want to set those to zero or otherwise limit / control them so you don't run into problems with downstream gear. Most modular out modules already do this.

Overall, I think its fine to monitor with whatever you want, just follow some basic protections you would likely follow with any audio source.

Any reason NOT to use higher-end monitors while experimenting with modular?

Unfortunately discontinued. And the O_c does a better job, but...

The interface of the Tonnetz Sequent is a pleasure to work with :)

Here a polyphonic patch sequenced by the Tonnetz (FX as well)

Enjoy!

Good call. Went ahead and rectified that. Thanks.

There could be something coming that does exactly that... and more!
(But that's a secret.)

you'll get better help with a link to the actual public rack & not just a shitty jpg - which fails to provide click through and mouse over infomatics

copy and paste the url into your post

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Even I usually just reach out to manufacturers, but if you do run into something that needs to be updated, you can always ask them, and if that doesn't work, you can always ask in the forum.

@Lugia, I think the biggest issue is with too many tags on a module, not so much with too little. A typical example of that is the Expander tag, which also comes with a bunch of other tags with the Expander does not do on its own, so, why would I want that to come up in a search where I am looking for that functionality? I don't, and yet I usually have to go in and edit tags out.

Oh well.

I thought this little project might be of interest here:

A unique controller for using words to control synths, shape sounds and generate melodies.

Here's how it works:

Enjoy.

A uZeus Boost brick will give the full 2000 mA available on the +12V rail. Looks like Escape From Noise has one in stock: https://escapefromnoise.com/modular/tiptop-audio-3000ma-uzeus-boost-mantis-universal-adapter/.

@farkas is right. My first manual about a modular subject was for the Make Noise O-Coast. The pedagogy of this manual invited me to continue towards modular.
One Make Noise exception: the Maths manual. Fortunately Demonam has been there :) https://w2.mat.ucsb.edu/mat276n/resources/systems/CREATE_teachingSynth/manuals/8c_Maths2013-V1.11-printable.pdf
Otherwise, for their nice readability: Mutable Instruments.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

One thing I'd note... as a Moskwa II owner, I can't imagine it without also adding the Ostankino expander... it adds so much functionality and fun. I'd suggest making room for that, if at all possible.
-- Shakespeare

year you right. it make total since.

Right now im using delta v as a vca but need for sure a dedicated vca. What other utilitys would you suggest?
-- Don_Simo

Well, it needs to be ones with that "Veils topology"...that variable response curve has piles of abuse potential. My suggestion, since Emilie is leaving the building, would be to grab a good Veils clone (I kinda like the Codex Modulex version). That way, you get four VCAs plus that "breakable mixbus" that lets you break out VCAs when needed. Going to rework this, give me a hot minute...
ModularGrid Rack
OK...what happened here...? Well, for one thing I've reordered the build so that the division between rows is a LOT easier to deal with. Some modules were also swapped out for smaller versions of the same thing. And then there were some "fixes"...

TOP: The Miso Cornflakes replaces the Qu-bit sampler/looper. Same idea, smaller space. Kept the Cloud Terrarium...it's a good choice, despite being quite huge. Then you see the Codex Modulex Veils clone...and here's how to split it: send your "lefts" to VCAs 1 and 2, "rights" to 3 and 4, then take the summed results from outputs 2 and 4. Voila!...stereo. Next, I swapped the Beograd out for a similar (but more bonkers) Bastl filter, their Ikarie stereo multimode...but if you look it up, there's a LOT more going on behind the panel than you had with the Xaoc one. I put in a pair of VCAs after that with the intent there being to control amplitudes going on to the Beads from the Ikarie. You can use that dual VCA for input level control over the Beads in general as well. Then Beads...followed by Frequency Central's Stasis Leak, which is a mono-in/stereo-out reverb/tap tempo delay/chorus. I went with that because it fits perfectly with the TEXMIX send/return architecture. The FX Aid XL can also take a mono signal in the left input and stereoize that, so it works with the TEXMIX as well as being a true stereo thruput if needed.

BOTTOM: Pam's, Moskva, then I added a Batumi/Poti combo for your LFOs, a Frap 321 and After Later dual "Veils" VCA, and a Zadar/Nin for envelopes. The modules in between (the 321 and dual VCA) are for modifying/altering/mangling your modulation signals, with the result being even wilder modulation signals for use all over the build. And last is the TEXMIX, but I changed out the stereo input with a mono one, since you've got a build here that's got two potential main stereo ins. Because of that, you can just pan the inputs hard left and hard right, and now you've actually got VCA control over levels from two stereo sources. Perfect!

So, yeah...some squishing was necessary, but now the result is a MUCH more potent build since you've now got the VCAs and modulation that can get this build to really cut loose. You actually get to use the TEXMIX's send/return capabilities as well, since the right sort of FX are present. And in the end, I think this came out pretty solid. Oh...and as for the Cornflakes input, you can conceivably use your headphone preamp on the TEXMIX to feed stereo back to it for live sampling. Just make sure you've crammed a big enough microSD in it!

-- Lugia

Wow really nice build. I appreciate your effort.
My problem is that i'm offen felling stuck with my system and this would really open it up.
You have a lot of VCA's in it. I know what they say but it's not too much?

I like the division of the tow rows, it makes it a lot easier.
I don't think I could get rid of Qu-bit Nebuale since i really love how it sound. Specially then you stretches the audio. I haven't looked into Miso but I not sure it can do the same. Funny enough I'm actually considering selling my Cloud Terrarium since I never clicked with it, but maybe things would change if I got some more utilities. Could you recommend another VCO (dual/stereo)?
the Codex Modulex Veils seems like a good option and great tip to split 1/2 and 3/4.
I love my Xaoc Belgrad but I always missed a stereo version of it and Ikarie seems like a super sweet filter, and as you say, it and do pretty much the same and a LOT more. It's really Interesting. I'm not sure why you would have a VCA to control the amplitude if the Ikarie before going into beads. Beads has an input gain so would that be necessary?
I'm not too sure about the FX aid XL. I know it can do a lot and sounds well but I'm not to keen on the presset approach. And it dosen't have true stereo in - maybe it's not necessary.
With Pam's you potential have 8 LFO's but you have more handson control with the Batumi. I really like the idea of the 321 and dual VCA to modifying/altering/mangling your modulation signals. I think that's something i really missing in my system. What do you think of Zadar? Is it necessary then you have Batumi, 321 and dual VCA?
Great idea about the Mono Texmix

and thanks for the great build and description

May I just add to all these suggestions Qu-Bit Data Bender which is an authentic sound processor. Much more than a simple 'destruction' module :))
I had first adopted it for this ‘crusher’ function and I discovered that it can also do much more, and beautiful things.
Again, it's all in the use of the tool...

I think I may have found the answer to my question. I just noticed that the $25 adapter is only 1000mA and the total of my rack as per MG is 1040mA.

I'm planning on upgrading to a Mantis case next month so hopefully that case will have more power for each of the 104hp rows than my current setup.

ModularGrid Rack

This will be my first rack. Tried to remain selective as I'm limited to 84 HP. Wondering if there are any glaring redundancies or key aspects to a useful system that aren't present. My goal is to have something that can spit out some riffs, a bassline, and maybe a drone/ ambient thing with a kick and snare. Ideally I'd also like to have some random glitch/ percussion capabilites. Plan on combining varigate with the niftycase's midi to CV interface. I'm aware that the ribbon in the niftycase only has 10 headers, but I plan to daisy-chain my way around that issue. Like I said, any opinions are welcome. Cheers everyone.

Hi All,

I just got the Mordax Data today and added it to my current 104hp rack with a Tiptop uZeus. When I powered it on I noticed the -12v LED was no longer lit on the uZeus. Looking at the total Power Consumption I figured I was ok as the totals are less than the specs on the uZeus (2000mA at +12V, 500mA at -12V, 170mA at +5V). Note that I have a regular $25 Tiptop wall wart.

So I unplugged the Mordax and the -12v LED went back on so my assumption is that I'm overloading the power supply. I then experimented a bit by removing different modules and I was able to get the set up to work as long as I removed the B-140 envelope module.

Are there any users who have more experience with power usage that can explain why the uZeus is unable to power the set up I have shown?

thanks for your help

I feel like those of Instruo need to be mentioned for their oft-discussed eccentricity and PLAYING CARDS

a couple more suggestions:

• happy nerding tritone (vc eq)
  • combination of comparator + envelope + vca with nice sounding gain/overdrive - this will allow you to make your own compressors. I much prefer this approach to dedicated compressor modules, none of which have really impressed me in euro-land.

I agree it is definitely a risk using f+f. However when you have 20-30 pain free transactions on a platform because the VAST majority of folks are honest and great people, it is easy to become complacent!

Reasons for a seller asking for f+f payments could include:
- no risk of dishonest buyer receiving the module then claiming it never arrived and making a paypal claim
- ability to list a module for a cheaper price (yes ~£5-10 really can make or break a sale sometimes especially when you’re trying to sell modules which aren’t that popular / hyped / glamorous)

There isn’t really an easy answer to this imho. Risks do exist for buyer AND seller. Other platforms such as reverb / ebay have some tools like integrated tracking so there is perhaps less risk. I have had WAY more success selling modules on those platforms than here, even if the price is higher to cover the ridiculously high fees. In the last 6 months I sold 20+ modules on those platforms but only 3 here despite trying. So maybe buyers overall prefer those platforms where the risk is at least mitigated.

Definitely favourite VCF is Favourite Avocado Toast by Crazy Chicken. Its more-than-a-filter, coz build in modulator and overdrive are quite unusual features in VCF-s. But they make Favourite Avocado Toast so unique in sound.
I like to use it in combination with analog oscillators for bass lines or midrange sounds)

there are mic-pre modules that supply phantom power - ES Little Miley and Befaco Instrument Interface 4(?) for example

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Plaits is French, Twin Waves is Belgian.
I use Plaits, but Twin Waves is a ‘bloody little module’ with a lot of ‘little grey cells’ (so many great features) and it sounds absolutely wonderful!
I don't know how I haven't given in to temptation yet...
I'm a ‘bloody little frog’.

Thanks of course to the omnipresent Lugia! Also nice idea.

I myself have been hesitant to swap and combine my various microphones through the rack due to concerns about, of course, the phantom power. Could you give me a nutshell about PP and euro compatibility?

Even My SSL2+, which allegedly has two separate instances of PP, gives some confusing visual indicators about whether both channels may be susceptible momentarily. In this case I would probably end up getting a few more dynamic mics and a different interface/mixer for that purpose down the road, but I need some more info on how it works with euro before I wreck stuff!😢😁

Hi! I think that the bmc 045, matrix router is perfect for what you want, but you only can have 16 possible combinations - 16 presets-
G!

Addendum: some additional searching shows a few interesting "trigger / gate addressable voltage" sources, none of which are solutions for the exact use case above, but all could fit in other somewhat similar use cases:
-- Random Source SEQ8 XL Serge Sequencer
-- SPUTNIK 5-STEP VOLTAGE SOURCE
-- Xodes PV44

(Capturing these here in case its of interest to anyone else.)

... all told, Verbos Sequence Selector (VSS) or a smaller HP/$ version of its selector function would be my best fit solution in this case. If you know of any great VSS alternatives, please let me know, thanks!

this user has left ModularGrid

Hi folks, thanks for the suggestions!

I can offer a little more explanation of what I'm looking for: let's say I have 4 input signals (audio or CV) 1234 and I'd like to output any 1 at a time. Yes a sequential switch would do that, and it would let me produce sequences like 1234, 2341, 3412, 4123. BUT that gives access to only 4 of 24 possible permutations of 1234 --> I'd like access to all 24, including things like 1324, 4132, etc. that can't be done easily with basic switches. A switch with CV-address like Doepfer A-152, BossBow2, or NE Vice Virga could access all potential permutations, but its driven by CV and would generally need to be CV sequenced to generate the flexible output I'm looking for. I have and use BossBow2, it's super, but it is not the right fit for this particular situation. Rather here, I'm looking to gain access to all sequential permutations of input signals, with selection driven by trigger or gate. Why? Because my trigger / gate sequencers are super hands on / intuitive / visual SO I'd love to get to use them in this type of setup and extend their functionality in my rig beyond the traditional use as perc triggers. Imagine hocketing anything in any pattern with the entire pattern immediately visible and touchable, controlled by Tiptop Circadian --> that's the type of outcome I'm looking for here. (BTW I'm updating the thread name to be hopefully more indicative of my interest here.)

Best fit trigger/gate controlled selector/switch I can find so far for these purposes is Verbos Sequence Selector (VSS): the setup is inputs to Signal Selector A (or B) and gate signal to Stage Select In. The bad news is VSS lists over $400, is 16HP, and this use case uses at most 30% of the module. SO I'm crossing my fingers it may be possible to find something that is basically the bottom half of VSS, with a lesser HP and $ footprint.

Net net, it's kind of a strange duck use case, and I'll go with VSS if there aren't lower HP / $s alternatives.

Thanks again for the ideas folks!

Nicholas

A few others come to mind here...there's ALM's Boss Bow Two, Klavis has the Mixwitch, Mystic Circuits' Tree, and Alyseum has their SELECTOR...which can be expanded to an utterly bonkers 64 I/Os.

One thing I'd note... as a Moskwa II owner, I can't imagine it without also adding the Ostankino expander... it adds so much functionality and fun. I'd suggest making room for that, if at all possible.
-- Shakespeare

Oddly enough, that came to mind when I was working out my variation, but I noted that the problem with adding that to the Moskwa II was that the Moskwa II was taking up the necessary space for its own "helper" module. Hate it when that happens...

There is a hidden advantage to the Klavis modules, though: size. It's as narrow as I would feel comfortable with using, but you get a dual VCO with quantizing in a mere 8 hp. You get a waveshaper in there, it can do additive, has internal ring modulation, a number of random operations (noise, variable LFO weirdness that includes Brownian movement models, etc). So, yeah...both the Plaits and the Twin Waves mkii are fairly complex, albeit with different architecture behind the panel.

I've certainly used them as processing devices. One installation work I put on back in 2000 used my Digisound 80 to the max...nonrepeating cyclical patterns of VCF sweeps, mixing various modulation CVs to create weird composite waveforms to filter processed shortwave audio.

Go with Plaits. Plaits is a full voice that contains an internal Filter and VCA

Twin Waves is somewhat similar to the Erica Synths VCO. Both will need additional modules to shape the sound. Typically a VCO will be complimented with an Envelope Generator, Filter, VCA

The first company to produce synthesizers and electronic musical instruments for commercial purposes in Turkey, VAEMI (Volt Age Electronic Musical Instruments) has introduced Osi-Op, which is the first Eurorack module with high-quality Thru Zero FM and a different Waveshape feature. This module is made by combining through-hole quality components and it is handmade. Osi-OP, which we regard as an analog reflection of the new era of digital electronic music, is an analog and voltage-controlled oscillator module. It was designed in Eurorack format and it has a width of 14hp. It has Thru Zero FM Input and a Waveshape Output, which can be used for morphing, and these are two of the most important features of this product. From a first impression, it may look like an oscillator that is appropriate for subtractive synthesis. However, it was actually designed to be used for additive synthesis. Thanks to Thru Zero FM, this oscillator can regard oscillators with Sine Wave as analog operators. You can even prepare your synthesizer patch without using the classic subtractive resonant filter. The most important aspect of Thru Zero FM is that there is no tune drift when you increase the modulation rate. For this reason, Thru Zero attenuator (TZ FM potentiometer) can almost be used like a filter itself. In addition to Square, Saw, Triangle, and Square Sub oscillator outputs, it has a Sine Wave Output, which was designed with JFET transistors and has a very low distortion rate, and a Waveshape Output, which was designed with Sine-Triangle and can be used for morphing. It also has a Wave Shape Input. It is connected to this input via the Triangle Wave circuit board inside. Sine Wave is fixed on Wave Shape but you can forward it to the other WS Input by patching other waveforms, and you can morph between two waveforms. The pulse width of the Square Wave can be adjusted. The same knob is the morphing knob of the Waveshape Output. Since the oscillator has tempco, there is a 1V/OCT calibrated CV Input that is sensitive to heat. It can perfectly stay in tune up to 3.5 octaves. In addition, for FM, there are two separate CV Inputs, Exponential and Thru Zero. While Exponential FM CV Input can take all types of DC and AC voltages, Thru Zero FM CV Input can only be used for AC audio rate signals. Also, when you enter a waveform on Thru Zero FM CV Input, oscillators are soft-synced automatically. With 1V/OCT CV Input, you can adjust the frequency of the oscillator; and with Exponential FM CV Input, you can easily add an LFO or Envelope Generator. Square Wave Sub OSC Output, which is completely synced with fundamental frequency and can give an octave lower than the fundamental, will help you a lot to create strong modern synth-bass sounds. It is made with NOS integrated. When the oscillator is FM modulated, the Sub OSC never gets negatively affected by this modulation; and it can maintain giving the frequency clearly. You can also switch the oscillator to the LFO mode. You can create subtractive syntheses by using two or more of these oscillators or by mixing these waveforms. The main reason why this oscillator was designed, as its name shows, is to enable the creation of complex FM patches and sounds by using 2-3 or more of these oscillators, just like Operator FM. While Thru Zero FM increases the modulation, it can maintain giving the same frequency without losing the adjusted frequency; and you can add harmonics to the sound musically. The module has 5 knob controls, 4 CV Inputs, an input for Waveshaper, and 6 ±5V waveform outputs. Osi-OP, which is handmade and produced with the help of Through Hole technology, is a product consisting of electronic components that are carefully tested.

Technicial Specifications

Knob 1 - Tune
Knob 2 - Fine Tune
Knob 3 - Thru Zero FM
Knob 4 - Exponential FM
Knob 5 - Pulse Width Modulation / Waveshape Morphing

Tune Range 3.5hz - 7khz
1V/OCT CV Input (±8V)
Exponential CV Input (±8V)
Thru Zero FM Input (±8V) (AC Coupled)
PWM / WS Morphing CV Input (±5V)
WS Morphing Wave Input
Sine Wave Output (±5V / 10Vpp) (1k ohm)
Triangle Wave Output (±5V / 10Vpp) (1k ohm)
Sawtooth Wave Output (±5V / 10Vpp) (1k ohm)
Square Wave Output (±5V / 10Vpp) (1k ohm)
Square Sub OSC Output (10Vpp) (1k ohm)
Waveshape Output (±5V / 10Vpp) (1k ohm)
LFO / OSC Switch
+12v 45mA
-12v 35mA
Deep 40mm (from panel to ribbon cable (including ribbon cable size)

Osi-Op User Manual TR:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sQWHTvsaAUMUlHlrkAN1fp1FAEvsBq_8/view

Osi-Op User Manual EN:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XGXBBHDMqIOYs2YpvCrNJXAZk3ZTGSwT/view

ABOUT VAEMI

Founded in İstanbul in 2020 by the brothers Efe Çakır and Tunç Çakır, Vaemi is a company that produces electronic musical instruments and synthesizers. Vaemi aims to produce studio-quality analog devices, vacuum tube instruments and effects, logic synthesizers, small lo-fi synthesizers, and utility circuits. They make their own designs, and they are working on developing a new system.

While doing that, they also endeavor to revive the instruments and much-adored circuits, which have stayed hidden in progress from the past to the present day. In this ever-growing electronic equipment industry, they prefer through hole (DIP) technology over surface-mount technology for reasons such as its sound quality and longevity. They have their sights trained on transmitting their high-quality handmaid instruments, produced with well-selected components, to Turkey and every other country in the world for a reasonable price.

You can also check out the electromagnetic microphone called "El-Ma Orsted", and passive utility circuits (pATT, pLDR, pLPG, pMultiple) which they published earlier, on www.vaemi.net

https://www.vaemi.net/

https://www.instagram.com/vaemisynth/
https://www.facebook.com/Vaemisynth/
https://twitter.com/Vaemisynth

with the tex-mix you can use the 2 mono sends as a stereo send to a single stereo effect (or effect chain) which is how it's set up on the stereo channels - this allows for a further stereo channel input to the mixer on the spare return - although you only get a volume control and not panning or mutes - nor access to the direct outs if you are using those

both the doepfer ones do this - it's kind of the definition of a sequential switch

a-151 is 4hp and has 4->1 or 1->4 switching capaabilities

the other a-152(?) is much bigger and has 8->1/1->8 and a few other tricks up it's sleeve