- allow the addition of "outside modules" i found the planner to be TOTALLY useless because it didn't include modules i'm interested in
You can upload modules yourself
particularly the metasonix rk2 xs-vca (tube VCA) which i consider essential.
That module is listed here
- add HP as a search term. when building racks, it gets harder & harder to finish them, especially when there's an odd number of HP available. searching for 1hp yields SOME results, but i'm positive not ALL. it should not only be a search term that helps people fill all available space, but it should be linkable to module types eg. 9hp filter (if any exist)
It already works that way. You can search for 9HP filters.
- you need more categories.[...]
It has it's pro and cons. We try to keep the function list lean. That is more useful for beginners
- offer module color as a search filter. i can't stand the look of mismatched racks and would add a row just for black modules and fill that up with whatever before building a mismatched
that is a good point. But it's one thing to provide a search filter and an other thing to set the color value in the 4000+ modules. Still I put this on my dev list.
- fix your forum tex editor that can only count to 2. this is idea #6 even if the text editor hides it. apparently, when you create a second paragraph in a numbered item, the forum IGNORES YOUR numbering and resets the list to 0. i had to merge paragraphs to fix what your text editor broke
I see, but it is not easy to fix. This is a Markdown editor, similar as on Reddit or Github. I am using a 3rd party PHP module for the parsing. For (PARAGRAPH) hit enter twice or add two spaces at the end of the line.
- speaking of hiding... DON'T HIDE MODULE REVIEWS!!! i look at a module that supposedly has 47 reviews, but go to the page... nope... no reviews. i haven't tried it since joining, but it should be public info seeing you advertise it. i despise such bait and switching
That is a misunderstanding. You can rate a module with 1 to 5 stars. Those 47 reviews are actual user votes for the specific module.
Beep, Bopp, Bleep: firstname.lastname@example.org