Duplicate

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-9

The rubicon is an excellent choice for analog through zero. Very clean sines are important to the process, and the rubicon has some of the cleanest I've heard. You don't necessarily need 2 though. A Dixie will fm it quite well, and track in a similar way.

For digital TZ, the cyclebox is pretty great. It id discontinued though, so you might want to look at the Intellijel shapeshifter which is cyclebox's next iteration in a way. It has TZ fm, tons of wave tables, an analog wave folder (cycle box has a digital one), chords and much much more.

Yes sorry. I didn't want to confuse you. In the future you can just change the image for a module if you have a better/more appropriate one. I copied the image from yours and applied it to that original. It's just better to have as few copies of modules as possible.

This is a duplicate, so I'm going to mark it as private.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-planar-inverted

Instead of the 208, I'd go for another case. The PGH supplies can be weird. Some modules have issues when powered by them. Perhaps try a monorocket 208 hp case instead.

Yes I would take it with PGH. I know there have been other power issues with their cell cases as well. Technically I'm running much higher mA levels with only 1.4A per 6u without any power outages with MN powered busboards. You should be fine if it was working properly.

Thanks for the warning. I was going to go for a couple of these, but I guess I should stick with Pomona cable hangers.

I would advise against the Pittsburgh midi module, especially if you're considering syncing modules like Pamela's Workout to it. It only outputs a clock trigger every quarter note, which is not really fast enough to get stable timing from. If you can, something that puts out 24ppq is much more ideal. Ditch the PGH midi, mult and Doepfer divider (not really needed with Pamela in a 6u) and get mutable instrument's Yarns. It's a very capable midi converter with many clock speeds, apps and Euclid patterns, sequencing, etc.

Also be aware that anything Livewire will be very hard if not impossible to come by, as sadly, the owner of that company passed away. There are some people who will be taking over the company and designs, but so far it hasn't materials much.

Otherwise, nice looking system. You have a lot of filtering for just one complex osc, so maybe look at another oscillator in place of one?

Just my opinions though, :)

Can you point to a specific time stamp in the video? Also keep in mind, following the ring mod, the sound is getting resonant filtered and delayed. I got similar tones I suppose using squares waves like the video says. In the vid, it says the mod osc is manually tuned, so don't cv that. Run it through a filter with a faster envelope (clock wise) than the 4 step sequence.

I wish I could hear it without the delay and filter. That's adding a LOT to what is happening.

It's all in tuning the oscillators. Also, keep the quandrant knob centered, and keep the 2 attenuators back off from full clockwise. Also leave the 2 polarity switches in the center position. They are for removing the + or - from each channel, and using those can lead to more mangled tones. I assume you are taking the output from the RING out, so other than that, experiment with the tuning. Also try starting with sines. Its easier to hear and understand how the sum/difference work together when you have less overtones to begin with. Keep messing with it, because I find the uMod to be one of the cleaner sounding ones available. If you're stuck, I can try to come up with a patch for you later.

No. It seems to keep getting pushed back.

Thread: Black Hole

Good points. Be aware, the Pittsburgh one only outputs 1/4 note clocks. Strange decision there.

I'm using the Mutable Instruments Yarns along with other clock modules like Pamela's Workout. Yarns can control a LOT. It might even be less or about the same as the 2 interfaces. Yet it can do poly modes, extensive clock and trigger modes, arpeggiation and up to 4 sequences. It's pretty insane for what it can provide in 12hp.

I agree with the changes. At least for now. The other forum does suffer from format separation I think, as people will stick to what they know. That said, not looking forward to Buchla discussions that will only make me wish I had some. :)

Thread: Current

Thread: Current

@ghee hgt, no not yet.  I have one of the initial 25 or so "beta/preview" units.  Mutable has them at a manufacturer, but they aparrently have a big backlog, and are delayed.  It's great though!

Want!

Thanks for that,  a 2hp one would really be perfect...

Is this a DIY, personal module or something that will be available?

I need to get into pedals really. Planning on getting the ALM sbg for that purpose. (http://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy-circuits-s-b-g )

Other than that, I don't really use hardware apart from my modular. My effects I limit to the spring reverb and delay already in my system. (Intellijel Springray and Modcan Dual Delay)

If I eq/tweak/compress, it's unfortunately all 'in the box'.

Would love a suggestion for an affordable compressor/limiter/eq to dedicate to the stereo out from my modular.

Jeez, I forgot to implement the ban mechanism
Well, at least it won't get boring then I guess.
Maybe this is a strong marketing point: the world's only forum which has a Baboon
-- solitud

Ha. We can all get along just fine! This is an place for modular synth discussions, and there won't be any need for incendiary topics if we keep it on topic. :)

Now let's get posting.

Welcome 3001 and johnnn :)

I might as well introduce myself as well. My name is Jesse and I've been obsessed with the eurorack format for a little over 3 years now. Though I've ogled over modular systems in the past, almost everything I did has been "in the box" with Ableton, Reaktor, etc. Everything started to align once I paid attention to eurorack beyond the original Doepfer and Analogue Systems lines. Of course, that was 3 years ago, and what's available now in the format just is insane! I've gone from a room full of monosynths and gear like the monomachine and nord g2 to an almost all modular setup. (Can't get rid of the machinedrum!)

I'm so glad Modular Grid now has a forum, as I have spent countless hours using this site to re-arange my system, plan new purchases, and generally just get excited with new modules appearing almost every day. Solitud has created a wonderful and intuitive environment to explore this stuff.

I will be one of the moderators here, along with Wiktorian and Solitud.

You can find my scraps of module demos and detritus at:

https://vine.co/v/hmOnLvvQ15m

Looking forward to seeing this forum grow!