this user has left ModularGrid
Thread: Thread title

Thread: DivKid ochd

Yes, it has been ringing some alarm bells for sure, and I have gone through the studio and made sure everything is top notch; that’s why I have written this post.
Sorry to hear about the dirt on your module dude but that feels like gaslighting to me.
As I mentioned before, these modules have all been housed in a clean, dedicated, professional studio with conditioned power and high quality cases. There is a bunch of other gear in there that is just as temperamental as any eurorack module and none of that gear has shown any issues. I have owned a dopfer system since 2005 or so, and it is still running just fine. These failures have occurred across 4 separate cases over the last, 3 years. Nothing changed in the studio except the addition of modern eurorack gear. And the modern eurorack hear is all that has failed.
At this point I have had 3 Instruo devices fail, and the one I fixed myself (Scion) had a faulty input jack. Definitely not my doing... Neither was it my fault when Maleknko Heavy Indusrties put the wrong vactrol in their Dual Borg. Also wasn't my fault when Mosaic gave me a quantizer that was DOA then replaced it with one that had major Firmware issues (At this point I have personally initiated 5 firmware updates). Was it just me getting upset over a “first world problem” when SSF gave me an Autodub module that didn't send audio, or whe when Afterlater audio sent a Steps where the EOB trigger doesn't work. When my Muta Jovis broke after only a few months of use, maybe it was simply because I'm to aggressive at muting stuff; is that the idea?
Just because I come here and state the issues I've had in eurorack doesn't give everyone a right to deny my experience and imply I'm responsible for dozens of failures. The only person that has been engaging to chat with on this form has been DIVKID, the one who designed the module in question.

I apologize for posting in your precious forum. I won't do it again.

There are 2 Ochd modules on modular grid for some reason. So I commented on them. I wasn't the one who created the second Ochd page. I just posted my experience. Not sure what you mean by all the forum spam. Divkid and I had a conversation about Ochd... otherwise I just posted good things abpuout a bunch of modules.
Making fun of the issues I've had with this module is just rude man.
No need to bash me just for stating my opinion. I don't dig your tone at all. Go troll someone else.🧟

Poor build quality.
Mine broke within just a few months.
It's been no fun working with Instruo.
I'd suggest buying an different LFO.

Maybey the best use of 2hp I've ever seen.
Sorry Pluck...

Get you some Nearness.
I have 2...

Just a switch.
I fucking love it!

Word!
Marbles is the Biz.
I like my Marbles with Abstract Data's Event Boss.
I think she would make an excellent companion to Stoppler Beats.
Suppose you're into swing, like Dilla style. GET MARBLES.
Endless love and respect for Mutable and her contributions to the modular world.
GET MARBLES.
MAKE BEATS.

Love my Leaves. Love my Trees.
PURPLE IS THE NEW BLACK!

Love my Leaves. Love my Trees.
PURPLE IS THE NEW BLACK!

Mystic is the shit! This VCA is brilliant.
PURPLE IS THE NEW BLACK!

Ana is suoer useful for all types of things. Did you know you can get some GREAT distrotion out of this thing?
All mystic Ciurcuits designs are top notch.
Purple is the new black.

One of the best filters ever made.

One of the best Oscillators ever made.

Really solid build. I feel its built a lot better than the 2hp Mix, which i have also owned.

Thread: 2hp Delay

Great dealay in 2hp.
I ended up free up sme space and went to look for a different delay but couldnt find one that fit and I liked better, even in 6hp. Amazing how this company pack in the utility.

Amazing Filter!!!!!!
One of the best-sounding filters I have ever heard for aggressive sounds. It does a lot but really excels at the harsh and unexpected.

Love my Event Boss! Perfect pairing for marbles.

Yes, we have messaged several times. I have also emailed Jason several times about multiple issues. With Ochd he did replace the module, the other two I just had to walk away from.
There may have been some “loss in translation” with Instruo; however, through the multiple long emails, I believe we cleared everything up and agreed to disagree on his design and level of customer service. I feel he just plain didn't believe me about Scion. While he did offer to fix the module, this would have entailed me sending it over seas with no assurances of an actual fix. It was cheaper and easier to fix it myself. By the time Larachd broke I was over it and didn't even contact him.
Yes, it is hard for me to stomach your stating a %1 failure rate when I have a 35-40% rate of failure in my cases. I work in a clean and dedicated studio space; all power run-through conditioners and into proffesionally built cases. Maybe I live in a death hole for modules, maybe I'm just unlucky. No matter the reason I feel the general public needs to be warned about the extremely high failure rate I've witness from modern modules. My old dopfer system never had any problems in over a decade. Not sure what's changed.

I have both Muta Jovis and Mutes,
Both will cause pitch droop. I purchased a WMD SL3kt to get around this.
My Muta Jovis has malfunctioned on me once, but the people at NE replaced it. Still a bummer, and I don't feel the Jovis is built very well.
I love my Mutes. It is built using vactrols for click-free switching. There is a nice decay of whatever signal that running through it that can add interest to the modulation, or a nice roll-off to audio. Mutes also has both momentary and latched behavior and the switches are high quality.
Both have inputs that are are normalized to the outputs below for multing signals.
Mutes is far superior in my opinion.

I have both.
Both will cause pitch droop. I purchased a WMD SL3kt to get around this.
My Muta Jovis has malfunctioned on me once, but the people at NE replaced it. Still a bummer, and I don't feel the Jovis is built very well.
I love my Mutes. It is built using vactrols for click-free switching. There is a nice decay of whatever signal that running through it that can add interest to the modulation, or a nice roll-off to audio. Mutes also has both momentary and latched behavior and the switches are high quality.
Both have inputs that are are normalized to the outputs below for multing signals.
Mutes is far superior in my opinion.

This module failed on me. Also I don't particularly appreciate that the attenuation is post-quantizer.
Scion will quantize the output, but if you want to attenuate on a per channel basis, it will throw the quantized signal out of tune. This is due to the channle attenuators being post quantizer. In my own patches, I would almost always put the attenuator pre-quantizer. If the atteniation is post quantization you might as well have just left is as a sample and hold function. At least Instruo had the sense to set the slew post-quantization; however, it is not nearly long enough to be helpful to me in many situations. The way this module is designed doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have spoken with Instruo about this, and he seems to like how it's set up. We have agreed to disagree on these points.
Another bummer about this module was that it malfunctioned on me during the warranty period, and Instruo didn't believe me that it was busted, so I had to fix it myself. Even after I sent videos of the module after I had it fixed, with the explanation of what was malfunctioning from the engineer who worked on it, Instruo still threw shade and acted like I was lying or just didnt know what i was talking about. Not cool....

Thanks for reaching out. The module went defective several months ago, and I have since resolved the issue. I am just getting around to letting the world know about it now.
I was able to prove my module was defective at long last; however, it took so long that I was forced to replace the module with another LFO. I don't normally trust a module after it fails on me, so I sold Ochd.
I certainly don't mind providing videos. I have offered MANY videos to a long list of companies whose gear has failed while under warranty (I have even sent videos of the mute switches Befaco made for you). I am often put into a situation to prove myself to these people. I don't mind sending videos to troubleshoot the issue; however, I do not enjoy when people assume I am lying or just a fool who doesn't know how to use the gear.
Whenever I contact the manufacturers about failed modules, I get the same response, “This isn't the normal experience we see in eurorack”. However, with the high rate of manufacturer defect I have witnessed, it does seem like the typical experience from where I sit. Companies tell me there is a 1% failure rate within the eurorack industry, however, the failure rate in my studio is almost 40%. No lie.....
As for Instruo, the experience has been so bad that when the next Instruo module malfunctioned on me (which was the Scion, and it was still under warranty. In all, I've had three Instruo modules fail on me), I had a friend fix it rather than send it to Instruo. I initially contacted Instruo and sent several videos over the course of a week. He still didn't believe me. Even after I got back to him about how I had it fixed and that it was an issue with the input jack, he still acted like I was lying to him. Not a good way to run a biz. Especially when you charge top dollar for your devices.
My review here is to ensure others know about the low-quality standards of this company. I'd hate to have them find out the same way I did.

Mine broke within four months—inferior build quality. The folks at Instruo were extremely prideful and rude when I initiated the return—making me send many videos over multiple days before they believed it was busted. One of the LFOs wasn't working, and it was an obvious warranty issue, yet they still doubted everything I would say, even after I would prove it in a video—horrible experience. I would advise finding another LFO. I would not recommend Instruo at all. I have had 3 of their modules fail due to poor manufacturing.
Horrible module made by an awful company.

I've had two of these show up defective. The second time it initiated a modification of the firmware.
I would say you are gambling with the build quality when you purchase anything from Mosaic.