Hey Garfield,

after reading your last post I can't stress enough to have a look at the vector. It does bring the features you describe. You'll also have to shell out 1k to get it with its expander, but I think it's worth every cent! And as I already wrote: Jim does a real good job and cares about his sequencer!

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

most of my timings in my tracks are more or less coincedence, but I really appreciate that you are keen enough to take a listen AND beeing positive about what you hear :) (thats not easy with umms, umms, umms, badabumms -> techno ;)).

Just to explain a littel further: I wiggle around a patch and just record to my ah qu-pac. I am absolutely dawless and will stay so. I stare at a screen the whole day because I am an it-guy and programmer.

And thats the reason why I did not touch the KeyStep Pro. It has a keyboard and I dont have a clue how to use one :). My "music" consists more of try and error whether something sounds good to me, so I program music like I do with my it-stuff.
So, here is a list of sequencers I can remember which I used:

• squarp pyramid as I was more into MIDI stuff
  • the sequencers on elektron devices like analog rytm mk2, analog 4 mk2, digitakt, digitone (they are more or less equal, only thing they really shine is so called parameter locking on single steps and scenes, the rest cant compete with other sequencers (my 2 cents))
  • kilpatrick carbon also for MIDI stuff
  • dyi midibox 4plus - easily the best MIDI sequencer out there and also with cv expansion modules now, but I sold it before those even were on the horizon because I went modular already and sold all my MIDI stuff
  • es drum sequencer which is easy to use and top notch for drum (gate) sequencing, it also has one cv/gate chan and an simple lfo
  • intellijel scales which can also sequence but only 2 chans and not so easy to use since it is a quantizer
  • wmd arpitecht which is nice but I got bored to fast with it (cant explain why exactly but I sold it after two weeks of use)
  • nerdseq (i loved it since it was fasttracker for eurorack, but in the end it was just to "static")

finally the vector which I can not recommend enough, at least for me, because it fits my style, it plays nicely with the rest of my modular setup, especially with the sinfonion for cv

hmm, i browsed through the feature list of the KeyStep Pro and yes, for that price it really does a lot! 4 cv/gate chans arent bad, arp included, also MIDI if you need it. It reads good and could be a toy to use for the time waiting on the es black sequencer or endorphin.es ground control.

I find also interesting: the wmd metron with the voltera expansion(s), stillson hammer mk2 which is only 2nd hand these days.

I have to admit: it isnt an easy choice and it costs tons of money to test and test to eventually arrive at "your" perfect sequencer.

I hope you can find your choice without bleeding to death moneywise.
Best,
jingo

ps: I will try to surprise you with just another track, but atm my time slots for wiggling are somehow rare... :( will do my best!

@the-erc thx :)!

The clap is made by the clap module which comes with erica synths techno system. This time I did no further processing on it.

Best,
jingo

Ps:
should be this one
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/erica-synths-clap

Hi Garfield,

as I am a big fan of erica synths I mailed them about the black sequencer. Raivo (Kodek) said that they had it on their agenda for a release end of june or so. The units are already manufactured, but as I understood they still polish the firmware. I waited long but in the end I gave up on waiting because I was in need of a more hands on sequencer than my nerdseq was. The only cv sequencer left on the market for more immediate hands on sequencing is the vector. And yes! It is the best sequencer I ever had and its developer Jim is very dedicated to fix and improve things. His support is one of the best I ever experienced. And also the support of erica synths is stellar but somehow they do not release their black sequencer...

The sinfonion is just another beast from acl (also own two of their vcos, the multifunction and the variable sync). Its superb to keep multiple voices in the same scale or process marbles output to your desired musical results. I also wanted to get a melodicer but it has just too much hp and my rack is already filled to the last hp, I cant ditch other modules for it to free some room, sadly...

btw: you can buy the vector from schneidersladen in Berlin (schneidersladen.de) as I did. They ship ww and are just beautiful and dedicated people there, I wish I knew them earlier so that I had bought more stuff from them.

If you got any questions about the vector or other modules I have (can send you a pic of my setup if you like, just pm me your mailadress) please feel free to ask. I will try to answer as good as I can :).

Best,
jingo

ps: here is a piece of music I am usually into... Since I am 13 I try to make techno-ish "music" and it always goes into stuff like this. Whatever I try it becomes like this. I always try to do some ambient but I also always fail hard. I am just not able to :/.
This piece is sequenced by vector into sinfonions song mode, acl vcos for bass and acid tones pushed through es polivoks and sara vcf, also starring modulation by kermit mk3 and there a lot of other modules involved :)...

try to listen, but its not easy if you are not into this "shit" ;)

thanks troux and garfield :)!

I dont think that I am able to add some beats because the patch is gone forever... I did not take notes as it wasnt the result I was expecting...

For the sequencer, and believe me that I had a lot!, it came down to a combination of:
vector squencer+its expansion module
acl sinfonion
mi marbles
erica synths drum sequencer (but this is a component of the techno system anyways)

thats my personal sequencing dream and I can warmly recommend this setup!

Best,
jingo

my take on sunday evening trying to do some "generative ambient"... did not work as intended, but worth sharing anyway ;)... gonna eat something now...

Best,
jingo

Thread: kermit mk3

Heyas,

just got the kermit mk3 and its one really remarkable modulator. In this small technoish patch it modulates an acl variable sync vco fm, hihats decay and crash tone both from erica synths...

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

even if these are just demos, I just had a lot of fun listening to them. They made me forget everything around me and dive into another sphere :). So, my pleasure on your behalf :)! Thanks a lot!

Best,
jingo

Heya,

as I can see and hear :)_, you start to release your tracks! I am excited and definitely like to listen to more stuff from your musical veins! Keep it up!

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

thank You for your participation and your kind and nice words! Its not always as easy as it should be...

But as with all things we have to return to a "normal state" and go on!

In this spirit,
all the Best,
jingo

Oh Oh,

time flew by as I had to get some things going after a family member passed :(. So I was not in the right mood to explore the worlds of sounds any further.

Since yesterday: I patched some cables into my modular and just let one loop run. Recorded it and here we go, just wanted to share.

Have a nice sunday out there! :)
c u soon...

Greetings of the season ;),

and thanks Garfield for keeping my motivated with your kind words :)!

This piece went into another direction as I was not able to reproduce my last patch (lost my notes and couldnt remember).
So this time I hopefully will be able to refine this prototype, hf:

hmpf, uploaded twice now, quality remains shitty?? strange :(

Nice experimental sounds! That Odessa (got one too) is really one of the most versatile OSCs in modular out there. Waiting for more to come, mowse :)!

Hey Garfield,

ok, its a little mean, but it's work in progress :).
The Sinfonion quantizes Vectors output which controls ACL VCO, its a random note sequence modulated by marbles, no chords involved...

I will wiggle further next weekend, so take my apologies :), but stay tuned!

Thanks for your kind words and support which give me even more motivation to create sounds !!

Best,
jingo

over the weekend I went into ambient generative style sounds and this is a first kickoff sample into which direction my efforts will go, have a peak into it :)

main modules are -> ACL Multifunction Discrete VCO, ACL Sinfonion, Vector Seq, MI Marbles, MI Rings, HN fx aid, dervish and lots of modulation sources like MI Tides2, XAOC Zadar and erica synths stuff for some more modulation and EG/VCA stuff...

Down the eurorackhole you go ;)... Be prepared to raise funds, constantly changing modules and setup, watch lots of yt...

Most basic setup in my eyes is: vco, vcf, vca, eg, lfo. Expand this by these modules multiple times as you like and need, a mixer, attenueatars/-verters, cv functions/manipulators, one or two effects (reverb and delay), always remember: you can't have enough vca's and hp, and money. Also sell the DT (funds!) and get an eurorack CV sequencer like the hermit or so for the beginning, just my two cents, I ditched all elektron stuff (rytm mk2, DT, DN, A4 mk2) to fund eurorack stuff, never looked back! :)

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

:), thanks again for your kind support! I just finished my modular setup after returning from vacation, so there is more to come. Gonna try some ambient without any beats next...

Best, stay healthy,
jingo

Back from vacation, I recorded some noodling:

https://m.soundcloud.com/jingo-f/demo2

hf

Bought a dervish fx from @AThousandDetails. Very nice contact, secure shipping, thanks m8 :)!

Sold a module to @Selten, smooth transaction, nice contact :)!

Hey all together,

thats the spirit, its all about creation and the fun while making sounds!

I am trying to make simple techno like music since I am 14 (I am 44 now) and I really like to share my efforts.

So yeah, keep it coming! :)

Best,
jingo

This is twin peaks in its purest form!

Very touched that you released on your tunes!

Keep it coming! :)

Hey Garfield,

i like your positive attitude and thank you again for your kind comments.

Still hope that you suprise us with some of your tunes/noise! :)

Stay healthy :),
Best,
jingo

Heyho,

hope you enjoyed your weekend :)!

Just listen to this to let the time fade away ;)...

Best,
jingo

another try on something I would call "ambient". Since I like repetitive music with only subtle changes dont expect fancy moves ;)...

Best,
jingo

Hey together,

dont hesitate to record some noise and put it up on sc, nothing wrong with that!

I will do some wiggling this evening, hoping for some happy accidents :)!

Best,
jingo

Atm I am more on an ambient like trip, so no worries, will post my efforts here :)...

What kind of music are you making? Do you have a sc or yt link?

Best,
jingo

Hey GarfieldModular,

thanks for your kind words :)! I really appreciate them!

My setup is pure modular and dawless. I record live into an AH QuPac. My setup contains of 360HP of various modules and an es techno system. There is some more on my SC, soundcloud.com/jingo-f

Best,
jingo

https://m.soundcloud.com/jingo-f/fall-asleep

thanks for listening

@protomski bought a rainmaker from me, money transfer was in that second he said he wants to buy it, conversation with him was top notch, sadly he had to wait for nearly two weeks for delivery though I shipped asap, DHL said it is CoronaVirus guilt, whatever...
totaly recommend trading with him! :)

If you like "tracker style sequencing" then go for it. Thing has nearly endless options, midi capabilities if needed, low price for fully fledged small footprint with man cv outputs by default. You can read the manual in advance to see what you get.

I did not have this problem (sold it anyway). It was powered by my Pittsburgh EP-360. So i guess I was lucky with a functional unit or the Power supply is exceptionally good (got no noise floor at all and my case is nearly full)...

Have a look into 4ms ensemble osc and xaoc odessa, they are the osc i bought in a while und they are very versatile, for ambient anyway!