Thread: Next Module?

Hi,
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/qu-bit-electronix-prism
A mix between multimode filter and delay, it is not 100% a filter, but I think it has a lot to give.
It will be my next acquisition.

Nice transaction with @loopspool. Module well packet. fast shipping and very communicative. Recommended seller.

All Ladik modules have a very good quality/price ratio. Regarding this quantizer, it depends on what you need. But it fulfills the basic functions.

Sometimes he takes a while to respond to emails, he does everything, designs, manufactures, etc... I have made several orders and everything has always arrived on time. On its website it already warns that it sometimes takes time to respond to emails. But everything has gone well for me with him.

Hi,
Direct on the manufacturer's website (Ladik)

Nice. Good luck!!

Good morning,
At first the system seems balanced. I wouldn't change anything in terms of functionality. Another thing is the personal opinion about the manufacturer or the layout of some modules. But this is already an opinion that does not influence the results you want to obtain. Good luck!

Thread: Thread title

hi,
I think that this forum, like the rest of the forums, is completely voluntary, so, it is not necessary to answer a post, not even for allusions.
I believe that, once you have given your opinion, answered the questions asked, or advised in good faith, there is no need to engage in disqualifications, insults or discussions that lead to nothing, I think the best thing is to ignore. Although internally you give him a F*@&- off. It is my opinion.

Hi,
After almost two years in the world of modular synthesizers, I have finally had to accept that utilities are very important, I know that they are modules without very exciting functions, but without them, the rest of the modules do not work.
As I see that in these forums there are many "My First Rack" type questions, it occurred to me to set up a rack where I have collected the utilities that I have needed over time, and that have opened up many possibilities for me personally.
On the one hand I have included some that I personally have, and others adjusted in price, because that is what I think any beginner is looking for.
ModularGrid Rack
-Mixers: Matrix. Indispensable. The ST one works for me, it only has 3 channels but it is small in space. An auxiliary mixer, for example, mixing gates, or simply any CV
-Attenuators/Attenuverters/Polarizer. To fade or reverse CV. Useful to act on modules that do not have their own attenuators. I currently have an Intellijell Triatt but the one from Frapp tools will be my next purchase.
-Sequential Switch/Logics/Switched Multiple. Perfect for creating signal paths.
-Sample And Hold. A simple and efficient stepped CV generator.
-Precision Adder and Buffered Mult. To work and modify quantified CVs.
-VCA's, well, I like them if they can be cascade type (clone veils). I like the Nano module, I think it will be my next purchase. Useful to manage volume in audio sources as well as to modulate cv's
-Function generator. I put Rampage because it's the one I have and I'm very happy. But I imagine there are many more Maths fans. The comparator functions, Max, Min, cycle ends, etc. are very useful.
-Envelope generator. I have the Nano module and it works very well for me. A 4XAD with 3 speeds and LFO mode.
-LFO's. Bipolar modulation source. A module that I really like is the OCHD 8xLFO with its expansion.
According to my humble opinion, with this you can handle two voices, two effects modules and two filters.
It would be great if users with more experience than me (there are many here) would correct or add comments to this post.

Hi,
I never confirmed anything when I used paypal. I think that the protection allows you to claim the money if something wasn't well, but I think that the seller receives the money immediately in his Paypal account.
At least I have always received it immediately, before the package arrived. I don't know if you can withdraw it immediately or you have to wait a period of time in case there is a claim from the buyer.

Hi,
Oops! it's different from the jpg...well...
For Envelope generator and LFO tasks
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-quadrax-
maybe it is a good option, somewhat expensive but worth it.
If not, obviously, Maths,
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/make-noise-maths--
For VCA's any Veil's clone.
For effects, https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-black or if you don't want to have to remember the LED combinations, the XL version https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-xl-black
You would need more utilities, clock divider, attenuverters, logic modules...
Best regards,

Hi,
Link to the rack is better than a jpg, so we can navigate through the modules
ModularGrid Rack

Hi,
If you buy them in the exact size you will have the advantage of having the fit for the cable tab.
Ferran.

Hi,
If you are referring to the power bus connectors, they are IDC type connectors, you will find them in any online electronics store.

Best regards,

Hi,
I know that it depends a lot on each person's tastes, more aggressive, liquid, soft... it happens like with filters, but I am thinking of incorporating a Wavefolder/Waveshaper into my case and I would like to know your recommendations and opinions.
My idea is not to invest much in this module at the moment.
At the moment I am considering these options:
Fold6, Ultrafold, NE Pura Ruina
But I'm open to other suggestions, of course.
Thank you.

Hi,
I think you are going to need an external mixer, since in addition to the audio outputs of each voice of your eurorack, you have the audio of the minibrute. If you want an external mixer, you basically have to take two aspects into account. That it is able to handle the hot audio levels that eurorack generates and that it has enough tracks for all your voices (I see at least 5 in your rack) plus the minibrute.
If I were in your situation, I would mount a mixer in the case, so I would only have two audio outputs, modular+minibrute.
Modular Tesseract has an economical solution with good features.
This is the 4 stereo channel module with 2 send/return and mutes (12HP).
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-tex-mix-4-stereo-channels
This is the output module with outputs for monitors and headphones (8HP)
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-tex-mix-master-section
The good thing is that it can be expanded with more 4-channel modules.
I have 4 stereo channels + 4 mono channels in my case.
For now, and if you are not going to use so many channels, and you want to use less HP's, you can mount a Happy Nerding 3xMIA (6HP)
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-3x-mia-black
If in the future you need a 100% audio mixer, you can reuse the 3xMIA as a CV mixer.

To connect the guitar you need an input module with audio level control. It is recommended that you incorporate an envelope follower that generates CV according to the incoming sound.
There is a tight budget option that meets those requirements.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-119

Thread: Moog sidecar

Hi,
It won't work for you.
At a minimum you would have to have a source that provides 650-700 mA at +12V
You should always ensure that the modules consume at most 80% of the power of the source.
uZeus gives you 1200 mA on +12v but only 500 mA on the negative rail.
When buying, I would opt for something more powerful, and if later you wanted to migrate to a larger case you would already have it.
I recently bought this one and I am happy with it.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/eowave-source-d-energie

Thread: Eurorackmine

Hi,
IMO it would be a good idea to add some details, some phrases, some words when posting a rack.
Because if you don't know the reason for posting the rack, two things can happen: someone makes an analysis of the rack and makes suggestions that in the end are not applicable, as is the case with @JimHowell1970, or people simply don't comment on anything, since they don't know what to comment.

Hi,
Good goals. Go ahead!
Maybe I would change Clep Diaz. With Mimetic, Pipslope and Tides you are pretty covered for now in the modulation aspect.
Maybe you can leave that 4HP space free for now, and see what you need with practice.
Too bad you don't have space for a Pam's, it would give you a lot of additional play in modulation and clock control (divider, burst effect, Euclidean, etc...).

Hi,
To begin with, you will need some modulation sources. BIA needs a lot of modulation to shine. You could replace Steppy (it only generates triggers) with a NE Mimetic digitalis type sequencer (triggers and CV), which fits very well with BIA
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/noise-engineering-mimetic-digitalis-black
Pam's also gives you many trigger/modulation options.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy-circuits-alm017-pamela-s-new-workout.
With the limited space you have, and given that the two voices are "complete" in themselves, perhaps you would not need a filter, but I would add some effects module (delay / reverb) and the leftover space some VCA, mixer for CV ....but I would definitely start with a bigger case.

Hi,
Respecting the freedom of each person to buy/use what they want in the way they want, I personally do not see it as very wise to spend 84hp to include the PC in a Eurorack case...
It is as if we adapted the speakers to the eurorack format, occupying 12Ux64hp.
If anyone wants to do it...ok. go ahead with it.
There is already enough discussion about whether to include the main mixer in the rack or use an external mixing console...not to mention effects modules vs pedals...sequencers...etc...
BR

Recently I bought https://www.modulargrid.net/e/st-modular-matrico. Only 3 channels but sum output and polarizer switches

Hi,
Through the Midi Control Center Software you can access the velocity damping values of each sequencer (1 and 2).
I leave you a post from the arturia forum that was useful for me to adapt the output range of the BSP with eurorack modules.

/////////
Velocity Cv range could be attenuated with the MCC. You can find this parameter in Device Settings, Global section and it is ----named Seq1 (or Seq2) Velocity Scaling.
You can choose between 10 values from 1 to 10. 1 is min range, 10 is max range, no attenuation. When no attenuation (value = 10) velocity range is about 0-12V (0 for min velocity 01 and 12V for max velocity 127). So the 12V are divided by 127 values.
Max attenuation (value = 1) is 1/10e of max range so the output goes from 0V to about 1.5V. 1.5V is now divided by 127values.
You can approximate max output using this formula (ParamValue is your MCC setting) :
Max Output Voltage = 12 * ParamValue /10
////////

+1 Tesseract Tex Mix

Here in Spain, unfortunately, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to find this type of collaboration between small venues (music stores, cafes, bookstores...) and people willing to make live music with synthesizers. And I know that there are people with more than enough level to make good sets.
In the area where I live, Barcelona, there are some sporadic acts but they are always in a "concert" format, with club schedule.

Hi,
Good piece, I've been browsing your channel and it sounds good.
Good job.
A new subscriber

What about make noise modules? Those are not knurled..

EDIT: Ah, nut driver they're called. Did not know that.
-- maths
From what I see, makenoise uses "regular" nuts on their jacks. I think they are metric 6 nuts.

veils is discontinued. you will go for a clone or secondhand market
-- ferranadsr

Found 2nd hand originals on Ebay here in UK . The Doepfer quad VCA mixer from a site reduced and new for £110, last one in stock. Need to decide on which one though.

-- EuroBadger
imho veils

Veils @12hp https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mutable-instruments-veils
or Doepfer a-135 2v Quad VCA / VC Mixer https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-135-2v @8hp.
veils is discontinued. you will go for a clone or secondhand market

From what you say I understand that you will use MIDI to take both clock and CV from the computer to the case. You can use VCV Rack to generate the main clock and bring in some CV signals to modulate. You can start like this, of course, but keep in mind that:
-Managing the knobs "physically" is like a drug, once you try it you won't want to use the PC for it.
-To experiment in the field of generative and ambient, an effects module will give you many possibilities. I wouldn't know which one to recommend, since I'm not really into that field yet.
-Sooner rather than later you are going to need EG's, LFO's and VCA's, apart from additional utilities. Prioritize them before additional voices.

Hi, Welcome,
I am also relatively new, a little over a year ago.
More than suggesting specific modules, I am going to give you some opinions and suggestions.
-Case point. It's a shame you already have the case, 3U 84HP is a very limited space. Surely in a short time you will have to choose to expand. I wanted to start with 3U 104HP, in the end I started with 6U 104HP and a few months ago I added 3U 104hp more. They are not full at all, maybe 70%.
-Brains point. I am not a fan of brand B but what I can tell you is to avoid "reduced" modules. If you go for MI clones, you better try to buy them in the original size.
-Next module point. I am not sure which clock you are going to use to trigger both the VCO and the sequencer...
In your case, and to have as many functions as possible, I would recommend Pamela's NEW Workout.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy-circuits-alm017-pamela-s-new-workout
A single module that offers you clock and modulation functions. In the second-hand market you can find this version at a very good price.
For me this would be the next module, with a Veils type VCA.
The clones are at a good price.
For example https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tlm-audio-vacs-veils-2-clone
Now to continue you will surely need function generators (Maths, Rampage or similar), effects (important for generative and ambient), matrix mixer, LFO's (Batumi,...), and surely incorporate another voice, perhaps an MI Rings (a classic), or a complex VCO.
Money money money...

--o for mixing I was going o coast, bia, clouds ect into the 3 mix (to set and forget)
As a newbie, I've been here for a little over a year, I agree with these tips. I would like to add, regarding the mixer issue, that for live performance I do not believe, far from it, that the mixer is a patch and forget module.
In case you are not going to use an external mixer, I would recommend a dedicated mixer. You can consider a mixer with its mutes, sends/returns, and very importantly, headphone output.
2HP modules or with many knobs are a nuisance.
Regards and good luck

Another purchase with @RTFM and as usual, all perfect.

Hi,
If you prefer something of Menu-diving instead of combination of buttons-colors... you have https://www.modulargrid.net/e/xaoc-devices-zadar instead Quadrax

My best advice, and without hesitation: Pamela’s Pro Workout... ;)
-- Sweelinck
Yes, I agree that it is a very powerful module, but isn't using three or four of the eight outputs for something as basic as a clock divider a waste?

ModularGrid Rack
Hi,
It's been a year since I started building my rack and I've decided to stop at this point and experiment with what I have.
The main thing I find missing right now is a clock modulator.
Right now I use my Arturia BST Pro as clock source.
My question is whether to invest my tight budget in a basic clock divider like the Doepfer A-160-2 or wait a bit and go for something much more advanced.
At this point I've been considering incorporating a Temps Utile (focused on clock modulation) or a Pamela's, which would also give me a powerful modulation source.
Right now I think I have enough modulation sources (Clep Diaz, NLC dual LFO's/VCO's, Airstreamer, Rampage and my 4 BST Pro outputs (Pitch and Velocity).
My questions are mainly:
-Buy A-160-2 (budget-friendly)
-I buy Temps Utile, taking into account that in the future I will surely acquire Pamela's and I'm afraid that it will end up being redundant.
What I have for sure is that for now, I would not buy Pamela's (GAS retention).
Thanks for advance.

fyi, there are 15 units of ALM017 - Pamela's NEW Workout for sale on ModularGrid.
Jokes aside, a year ago I started this modular thing and I bought some new modules and quite a few used modules, and I've only had two problems. With a used VCF with a very noisy potentiometer (normal for a used module) and a non-functioning audio jack on a new oscillator, by the way, the folks at Nanomodules were lovely and within 48 hours I had another module at home. I don't think it can be generalized with the level of incidence and the unfriendly nature of the manufacturers.
And I'm sorry, but I have to clarify your comment about @wishbonebrewery, he's not one of the "trolling" types. He is one of the people who contributes the most around here, and always tries to help.
Greetings and good luck.

I bought Befaco rampage from @blurredboy, the module is like new. All good.

Are you going to use an external sequencer? Above all, a clock source and clock modulators would be missing. Pam's is a very good option https://www.modulargrid.net/e/alm-busy-circuits-pamela-s-pro-workout,
and maybe a simple clock divider
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-160

totally agree

Yes I know. Maybe those people who have all the private racks only use this page as a place to organize their racks and make the shopping list without wasting paper. His intention may not be collaboration and sharing. Perhaps they only use it as an office tool, like Word or Excel.

Hi,
I normally have my current rack and some variation of it as public, but I have drafts, lists and power draws as private. I don't see the interest that a consumption calculation of the modules may have for the rest of the users, especially when they are the same modules that I have in the public racks.

I am French. I have a deep love for French culture and language.
But I try to translate my posts into English as a courtesy to others.
-- Sweelinck
Hi, it's Spanish, but well, courtesy also applies to Spanish people...hehe

Beware:

@Zbigniew

is not shipping my module or returning the money I sent.
He is is not responding to questions.
But he is updating his inventory.
Better stay away.
-- Pegnitzsurfer

Hi
I think you have mistaken the thread. this is the one of good traders.

Hi,
IMHO.
I'm far from a fan of B, but I think it's difficult today to launch a mixer module and be innovative and groundbreaking. A mixer, with faders, pan potentiometers, and mutes, doesn't give much room for innovation.
In this case, at least they have added the SOLO function. In my opinion, a very good feature.
I think this case is quite different from Abacus or Brains.

Do have it. It does very well if you need AD envelopes, and you can also individually gate each one. The inverters are always useful. I personally have it downstream from a clock (Hermod) that then goes into a sequencer (Popcorn) and I use two slopes for voices and the other two to modulate things at half the speed with the built in clock divider. You can also break the normalling of the LFO as the clock and manually step through the divisions as a per-step set of rising and falling LFOs like a Stages.
-- DrFrunkensteen
Thanks for your answer!

Hi,
I've searched other threads and haven't found anything.
Does anyone have experience with this ST MODULAR module?

I'm looking for a multiple EG and I've come across this module, which apart from 4 EGs with modifiable shapes through internal LFO, also has an internal clock with dividers to be able to trigger the different AR's by itself.
I am surprised by all this functionality for such an affordable module (assembled by a professional it costs around €150)
I would appreciate your comments.
Ferran.
Note: I kow it, I have published this same thing in modwiggler, but hey, just in case someone here does not visit that page....
Thanks!