Kassutronics Slope.. my fav function generation & 8hp

i have again 8 HP for a last module

i will think about all that...

-- cores

The 2 compressors by GinkoSynthese are awesome too

Go for the upgraded SWT16+ if Robaux is your choice.
Not really sequencing, but take a look at the StolperBeats - it's different, loads of offgrid wonky beats options.
and always a shout out to BeatStepPro

Ugly.. but nice to fool around with
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-low-coast

Check the drum modules by Sound-Force.. later versions can swap samples if i remember correctly.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/soundforce-s-ld-
this is lindrumm one is my fav

beat repeat: modbap per4mer

Thread: Starter rack

Small option for chords: MTM organ..

Take only a few modules and start making music with them.
(try to take it to new/other directions, if necessary read manuals)
Narrowing down to a very small setup teaches me a lot every time. The music that comes out is mainly shit, but the things I learn I can use in a bigger setup again.

take a look at the kassutronics quantizer.. nice lay-out of functions - awful wooden panel, but that's a taste thing - and double channel

The robaux and similar modules don’t create polyrhythms.. but they can create polymeters. #bigdiff

What Farkas said..
two recommendations if you want to add percussion in your setup
* the Percall by Befaco. Vca+envelop generator easy and nice.. but what makes it one of my fav is the choke option.
* the sound-force sample modules; three 4hp sample modules, preloaded with classic sounds 808, 909 y the lindrum (my fav)

No worries.. :)
No it’s just a trigger sequencer, 8 outs
So a lot of possibilities to expand your drum/perc rhythms or trigger envelopes

Robaux ll8"?
-- T0MMI001
sorry, I'm a modular newbie: does this module have internal sounds?

-- unguitar

That doepfer-lfo is a nice basic module.. one of the first I bought and still in my case.
there are loads of 4hp attenuverters out there.
Instead of that 914 behringer; check the doepfer a128.. smaller footprint but different frequencies.

That’s a lot of small knobs in a small case..

Robaux ll8"?

That's a lot of sequencer for a 7u 104hp build....

Okay.. throwing another idea in :)
a Novation Circuit Tracks for traveling.. been my companion for a while now and before that the OG circuit; small and pretty tough device. Will set you back around 350 euros.

besides this; it has 4 midi tracks.. so at home it's my main sequencer plus drum machine for my eurorack system.

Now also available with jacks on the top.

Delay/reverb recommendation: status leak by frequency central.. nice easy kit

Take a look at the Stolperbeats trigger sequencer... I love mine!

i love it, but WHY ARE THE JACKS ON THE BOTTOM if this is a performer?
can't access the buttons b/c the cables go right on top of it.
-- samabr

Angled cables help a bunch

1010's Bitbox is nice for that..
if you just wanna play long samples as backing track or vibes I recommend radio music by music thing modular

Mordax plus 1, Best Buy of this year

Ey, i have one.. build quality is ace!
but have to agree to all the comments on the size, and looking into upgrading to an original one in the long run.
(Choose for the nano to begin with because I had a smaller case and wanted to fit in 'enough' modules)

Befaco's Percal is insane for this... and it has choke groups

@nickgreenberg

@TOMMI001 thanks for the news, maybe post again when the units are available? I am in the US, I'm not sure mail from your location in the Netherlands would make sense, but we'll see...

don't know if you're still looking for a solution, Nick.
But this is the link https://www.etsy.com/listing/1144381145/airy-venting-blank-4hp-panel

postage to the US is stoopid, if you are interested send me a DM and we'll figure it out.

Hi, made some in 4hp and they are on their way and soon in my shop.. :)
www.etsy.com/shop/bearmodules

Hi! the power specs just got added.
I like to use the matrix for send fx just like wishbonebrewery, but also for feedback loops.. good fun :)

Have you checked the division6 sequencer?

things I learned a shitton from when I started out..
* Behringer Crave (±150euro patchable monosynth)
* Patch & Tweak book
* VCVrack
* YouTube

I love my Division6 sequencer, also in an affordable and doable DIY kit

If you consider DIYing it.. do yourself a favor and check the BOM first, a lot of Mutable clones have problems with chip availability

Behringer Crave & VCV rack..

Thread: FX thread

I am using the AI006 stomp box adapter for that (2hp)..
plus the befaco hex-system too, but the AI is a nice cheap option

No prob // my pleasure..
with 6u I meant.. get a double or maybe a triple row case instead of the Doepfer LC3. In the end you want more modules and that way you stick to one case. The extra row(s) you can use for the FX, utilities, maybe a control module to make it easier to play around with it a live-setting.
I am getting a lot of nice grittiness out of Monsoon, dirty ms20 clone filter (got one AI for sale, haha), St Modulars Gritzer (weird delay) & DIZ, for beefing up samples I use the Monotropa by Reverse Landfill. Another nice one // still on my wishlist // Per4mer by ModBap. A few essential FX and playabilties for hiphoporientated live case, but a bit expensive.

Hi Tom,
working on an hiphop orientated live case myself..
don't mind me asking why go this route instead of getting a MPC for instance?
I am not seeing the extra things what this setup will bring you.
Not a lot of modulation options and besides the per4mer (that I love) not a lot of playability either..

My humble 5cts: get a 6u with some utilities, filter, delay/reverb thingy.. makes is all more versatile plus more fun to play around with in an accessible way.
Got myself a Feedback Modules Squeeze (4hp compressor) to glue the samples together a bit #recommendation

good luck

the two LPG's by MRG Synths are good fun, 4hp and very low priced

Last couple of weeks I am having a shit ton of rhythmic fun with 3PT by Robaux.. 3 channels of Euclid madness (plus some other interesting modes)

Maybe the Shakmat Time wizard is what you are looking for..

dope!