To many UCA!

To much vca...

The muxlicer, 8 steps sequencer with cv-able gate ratcheting (up to 8 gates per step), can be chain with other muxlicer using the EOC output and reset input (never tried this one). It's also a sequential switch and more. Negative side, there is no quantizer built-in. This video cover most features.

You are opening the VCA with gates. The standard way to go would be to send the gates to the quad envelopes, adjusting the envelopes shapes as needed, and open the VCA with it. If the Varigate is set to 2/2 mode, you can send 2 gates to malekko QE and 2 CV to yours VCO v/oct.

Doepfer A-100 Pach Examples

The secret word for tonight is Muxlicer.

I would fill the empty space with a quad vca (intellijel or MI) and a disting mk4.

If you decide to buy the loquelic iteritas make sure to tune it following the instructions on this NE blog post. Also using negative CV in modulation inputs will make both oscillators sound untuned.

If you connect the gate output to the trigger input of plaits the internal LPG will be strike and an external ADSR will not be necessary. Work fine for short percussive sounds. For other sounds shapes you will need an external module.

From the manual:

Trigger input. Serves four percussive purposes:
Triggers the internal decaying envelope generator.
Excites the physical and percussive models.
Strikes the internal low-pass gate (unless the LEVEL CV input [4] is patched).
Samples and holds the value of the MODEL CV input.

Adjusting the internal LPG and envelope
Hold the first button (A) and:
Turn the TIMBRE knob to adjust the response of the LPG, from VCFA to VCA.
Turn the MORPH knob to adjust the ringing time of the LPG and the decay time of the internal envelope.

Some suggestions...

More LFO (classic and random modulations)
Another analog VCO with FM input and Sync to complement the STO
A wavefolder
Rings to rule them all

Doepfer has some basic patchs examples. If you look at the minimal patch, you will replace the A-190-3 by one track of your SQ-1, the A-110-2 VCO by your E352, the A-130 VCA by one channel of the Tallin or the Quad VCA and the A-140 Env by Contour, Maths or Zadar. If you use Math, plug the gate of the sq-1 in channel 4 trigger and Channel 4 out to the vca CV input. Play with rise and fall to shape the envelope.

I dont have noise issues with the milky way but the selected airbank led is confusing since when it is flashing blue it's the darkwaves bank (red) that is active and vice-versa.

Nice list. I'm curious what is your favorite @defragmenteur if you had to pick just one?
-- troux

I would pick the disting MK4 which include all these functions... :-)

Seriously it's hard to pick just one since they all do different things.
Utilities modules I use the most are :

Attenuveter/Offset module (O/A/x2)
Quantizer (Scale)
Noises (Quantum Rainbow 2)
Sample and hold (Kinks)
Logic (Min/Max) (Kinks)
Summing Mixer (333)

Quantizer
Offsets
Attenuverters
Envelope follower
Noise sources
Sample and hold
Logic
Summing Mixer
Comparators
Buffered multiple
Ring Modulator

The CV Input on my Intellijel Quad VCA was set to linear. If it's exponential it will smooth curves. I dont know if it's possible to change this on the Erica. I test it with a triangle from pamela new workout and was able to reach 10v and the shape was not altered.

You can amplify your Pip Slope envelope to 0-10v with a channel of your vca. Something like this. You will need an offset if you want negative cv.

My short experience with a keystep pro is dont touch this with a ten foot pole.

Pitch or Gate randomly stops working.
Unable to use the mod strip with CV, only aftertouch was working.
Maybe a bad unit but some comments on muffwiggler thread convince me that I was not alone with many problems so I returned it.

But I still appreciate the original keystep.

I watched some more videos on the Rings and while it's not a VCO is is definitely capable as a sound source even without an oscillator fueling it. Still, another standalone VCO would probably be good to have. I'll keep researching these.
-- Mikecd

Rings is a resonator. Feed it with an audio signal and the built-in pluck sound will become madness. I have Rings and it's definitely a favorite but in a basic setup I would start with 2 analog VCO with FM and Sync Input and a wave folder as my main sound source.

Distorted Rings

Thread: DivKid Ochd

Hi Defragmenteur,

Yes I agree with that. Then again... you can never ever have enough VCOs/DCOs, filters, VCAs and a good assortment of effects and EGs wouldn't harm either ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

Edit/P.S.: Forgot to wish you good luck with your Ochd module, I hope you like and enjoy it :-)
-- GarfieldModular

Yep, it's actually on duty with the mimeophon!

Thread: DivKid Ochd

Received my Ochd this week .... 6 months after I placed my order... You can never ever have enough ... LFO's!

Adjustment procedure can be found in the technical manual. Can be intimidating if you never done that before so maybe someone who build modules in your area can calibrate it for you.

The CV Ins on the TQ is the Level input of each channel.

Gate goes to ADSR Gate Input,
ADSR Env out goes to TQ Level of ChX
Audio Goes to TQ In of ChX
ChX (or Mix) Out is the result

For me it's a test function module. If the function is cool I will buy a dedicated module. Actually its' my tuner.

Buy a disting. It can do side chain compression, envelope follower and 88 more functions. It's a must have if you want to test different functions before buying dedicated modules.

Side chain compression

Envelope follower

What do you think is missing actually?

@troux My thinking is now.... 'Everything is too small or My fingers are too fat' I am trying to keep things compact. Though seeing as I'm on my 3rd Row of 84hp and my Wishlist of modules is about another 3 rows... I'm not sure how compact it will eventually be! Ha!

Optimizing rack space will save us money... At first we all thought it make sense...

It's also a cool filter. The Dot looks very interesting.

Just ordered a 104. It's your fault!

Trogotronic has plenty of options.

No noise issue with mine bought 2 weeks ago. New firmware was flashed before I test it.
First tests

You have 2 attenuverter with Maths (CH 2 and 3) so if you patch an LFO in one of these 2 channels you can attenuate the signal.
From Muffwiggler

For pitch CV it is suggested to use buffered mult but I never noticed a difference using tiptop stackable for splitting pitch cv.

The buffered mult will take a signal (audio or cv) and dispatch it without loss to 1 to 4 destinations. For example you could send the sine wave from a pamela channel to modulate Marbles Deja Vu and Rings Damping.

VCA control amplitude of a signal (audio or cv) thru a modulation source and you definitely need more than one. I suggest a quad mixing/cascading VCA like the intelligel Quad or MI Veils.

Disting MK4 again... :-)

Quantizer A-6
Send your CV to X
Choose the chromatic scale with Z knob (near the middle)
Output B will send a trigger for each CV change >= one semitone

Which sequencer it is?

Thanks! You're absolutely speaking my language on processing audio with the Rings. If the eventual goal is to go Morphagene or some other granular machine would you still recommend going for an audio input like the Intellijel? Or just wait until I'm ready for the Morphagene?
-- Carlbberger

Morphagen will definitly be an awsome addition to ring but Audio In are cheaps and pluging a mic to rings to capture ambient sounds can produce cool fx.

With MD it's fastidious to enter precise notes for each step. Most of the time I use the shred function or just twist the knob while playing to generate notes progressions on the fly. I prefer to use MD for precise cv control like changing a Zadar shape or a scale on a quantizer. It's also possible to create logic gates....

I have the Scarlett 8i6 and it handle modular audio level so rings odd/even audio Out to your scarlett audio In should work. With this minimal setup I would add an audio input module to process audio to the IN input of Rings.

The N-1 switch on the disting mk4 can do that. You can apply a crossfade to avoid clicks with audio signals and use a trigger or cv to switch the 2 signals.

Maths illustrated complement

These leds just indicate that there is power on -12, +12 and 5v rails. I would be more annoyed if they weren't on...

The ribbon is inverted in the manual (holes are facing the reader) but if you look at the connector groove it's clear that the brown cable goes to the right where is the -12V / red stripe polarity marking.

All connectors on eurorack distribution boards including the rackbrute are 16 pins. On modules side I have seen 10 and 16 pins connectors. Modules are sold with the proper cable.

The d0 delay module seem to do this.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mungo-enterprises-d0

I use a Batumi which has quad and phase mode.

But its OK to do if...?

You simply enjoy it.
You like the experimentation.
You occasionally make something that sounds good.
You can cope that you can never get back to that ace patch you did a while back.
You sell other things in your life that you don't use to fund your modular.
You can cope with not buying everything at once.
....and you don't have to be good at something to enjoy it.
-- wishbonebrewery
Yep!

GarfieldModular, you can see a user public racks when you click on his username.

I have only one classic ADSR and rarely use it. I prefer Maths or Zadar. For the VCA I suggest a quad VCA with linear/exponential response, bipolar CV input and cascaded mixer like MI Veils or Intellijel Quad VCA.

Eventually when I've bought a few more modules I want to fire the 2hp bell off via a Befaco Burst as a one-shot of notes via a 2hp ARP, so hope for a flurry of notes that can be fired off with just one slowly clocked trigger.
I'm assuming A-2 on the Disting is like a Clock Multiplier?
-- wishbonebrewery

With 2 audio signal in X,Y it's a ring modulator